Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

And that's how you score an Ashes century, Phil Hughes. Watch and learn.

The look on Cook's face when that catch was claimed was pretty murderous for a man who doesn't seem very expressive

This is an old topic I know, but what exactly did Hauritz do that has made these inadequates get in ahead of him? Pubes on Pontings toothbrush? Bowling Watson whilst he was in the mid-40s?

This is an old topic I know, but what exactly did Hauritz do that has made these inadequates get in ahead of him? Pubes on Pontings toothbrush? Bowling Watson whilst he was in the mid-40s?

There is a rumour that he used to pull a sickie ('nursing a shoulder injury') when he wasn't interested in playing. I have no idea if that's true or not.

Cook needs 25 more to become the highest scoring English opener in an Australian Ashes series since Herbert Sutcliffe in 1924/25

He's already broken Boycott's post war Ashes tour record

He needs 68 more for 1000 runs in the 2010/11 Australian season

There is a rumour that he used to pull a sickie ('nursing a shoulder injury') when he wasn't interested in playing. I have no idea if that's true or not.

That's pretty much what I've heard. Supposedly this is why he didn't play at the Oval in 2009

That's pretty much what I've heard. Supposedly this is why he didn't play at the Oval in 2009

If that was true you'd think that it would have been reported at the time (that he was injured) but my memory is that Ponting just didn't want a spinner.

it has its compensations you know - much more entertaining commentators for starters. I first learnt about cricket from listening to Radio 3 :)

Fair enough, just never been a radio fan for cricket myself, and have done that a few times only to get frustrated by not seeing anything. Couldn't careless about commentary, though i don't think sky's commentary is that bad.

Fair enough, just never been a radio fan for cricket myself, and have done that a few times only to get frustrated by not seeing anything. Couldn't careless about commentary, though i don't think sky's commentary is that bad.

it is that bad, Botham and Warne for a start

Back
Top Bottom