Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

What's this guy on

TMS can indeed cause bizarre dreams. I was toiling away late last night on some poetry of Catullus with TMS in the background. I awoke at 4.30am, head on desk, after a delightful dream including a chorus of Latin poets dancing to the National Anthem, all of whom were wielding cricket bats, each of which had the face of Ricky Ponting engraved on the back!"

I'm jealous too - just said to mr mania how much I'd love to watch a test match in Australia - he just said 'you'd be on your own' :(

One day I shall do it ! :D
it's a real pity. her dad was gonna go down under with uncle ern but then his kidneys have packed up and he's on dialysis and so he decided not to take the chance. i was all for encouraging him, but i could also see why caution was something to consider.

I see the unacceptable face of Australian cricket has five wickets

Weird as anything. He nearly won them the first test, and now he has another five-for, despite being awful! And, as keeps being pointed out, he took the other two catches.

They're sowing their own doom, get us out when it's moving. Go on .

This pitch is expected to get worse though, isn't it? As in, like a normal pitch. I take your point about clouds, but there will always be clouds in Melbourne anyway.
I know you were being a bit ironic. I'm being a bit too literal because I've had a drink. 150 Trott.

Weird as anything. He nearly won them the first test, and now he has another five-for, despite being awful! And, as keeps being pointed out, he took the other two catches.

He is, nevertheless, the unacceptable face of their cricket. Should be made to wear a paper bag over his head

From Guardian coverage:

"Loving the comment from Warne about one of the reasons that Ponting lost it yesterday was because Pietersen had told him he'd nicked it!" guffaws Phil Russell. "Not withstanding the revelation that Pietersen has an impressively wicked sense of humour that I wouldn't have credited him with, this also opens up a whole new game of bluff/double bluff as an unintended consequence of the UDRS along this lines of: Bowler/Keeper: Howzat! Umpire: Not out Captain: What do you reckon lads, worth an appeal? Batsman: Yeah you probably want to, I nicked that one for sure..."

and

"I was keeping this," writes Mike Selvey. "But as Warne appears to be talking about it, I can tell you that KP told the Australians he hit it yesterday but actually did not. it was a great wind up."

tee hee

This pitch is expected to get worse though, isn't it? As in, like a normal pitch. I take your point about clouds, but there will always be clouds in Melbourne anyway.
I know you were being a bit ironic. I'm being a bit too literal because I've had a drink. 150 Trott.

Just noticed it's not cloudy at all.

It,s more enjoyable when you have had tinny

Trott's 160 means that he will finish this match with the second highest Test average in history assuming he doesn't have to bat again

Back
Top Bottom