Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

Prior's going to get bored out any minute, this defensive field is frustrating him big time. Not that it matters anyway, we're miles ahead and Australia have precisely zero ideas here

Richie benaud is doing the commentary on the feed i am watching compared to the other commentator he is as honesty as always regard the match play

Just got home from buying clothes for my Aussie wedding celebration to get the last few overs, heard from my mate at the G and said it was cracking. Gutted I couldn't go today but my Mrs would have killed me..

Great performance again England, can't wait to go back tomorrow

Made my holiday this has.

Ricky fined 40% of match fee. Gatting says:

Ponting wrong to question umpires - Gatting

37593.jpg

@Santino: Probably. However, with three days left we have plenty of time and we can make absolutely sure that we only have to bat once whilst still giving ourselves at least seven sessions to bowl them out. It always frustrates me just how quickly some people want to jump on the declaration bandwagon. If we were a day further on it would make sense but right now it doesn't.

Also:

Trott's Ashes average - 96.33
Bradman's - 89.78

@Santino: Probably. However, with three days left we have plenty of time and we can make absolutely sure that we only have to bat once whilst still giving ourselves at least seven sessions to bowl them out. It always frustrates me just how quickly some people want to jump on the declaration bandwagon. If we were a day further on it would make sense but right now it doesn't.

Also:

Trott's Ashes average - 96.33
Bradman's - 89.78
Not saying we should declare, just that we've probably got enough runs to win both of the remaining tests as it is, with how the aussies are batting ;)

Not saying we should declare, just that we've probably got enough runs to win both of the remaining tests as it is, with how the aussies are batting ;)

of course :D I believe in grinding them into the dirt though if you can, demoralisation of the opposition plays a big role in getting them cheaply second time around and can carry over into the next game (though not always, see Perth)

Mike Selvey reckons Johnson and Hilfenhaus were getting a little reverse out there, which is great news for us

Ideally we set them a target of 600 with 2 days to do it. But really, unless we blow it or they do something miraculous, it's all gravy. If we are all out tomorrow morning and they have 3 days to get 400 and make us bat again, is that really such a bad result either?If I was Australia, the best I would be hoping for would be to only have to bat out for 2 days.

ETA: The perfect situation would be to declare on 600+ tomorrow a little after tea and make them bat an awkward half session.

I really want to see our tail end bat as responsibly as the others (apart the Sherminator and Colly) just to rub it in further to the Ozzie top order.

DO NOT DECLARE.

Ozzies usually do rubbish in dead rubbers so it's looking 3-1 :)

Shame to see the Aussies in this state. Reminds me of when the windies lost their mojo. As a cricket lover I'd rather see a strong Aussie setup. Maybe they should put some adverts in some saffa newspapers.

Shame to see the Aussies in this state. Reminds me of when the windies lost their mojo. As a cricket lover I'd rather see a strong Aussie setup. Maybe they should put some adverts in some saffa newspapers.

It was a shame to see the decline of West Indian cricket (especially because it looks increasingly terminal), but the antics of that other lot over the past twenty years do make it very hard not to feel a great sense of joy watching their team go tits up in such a spectacular fashion. Watching Ponting go even more mental than he did when Pratt ran him out, and with absolutely fuck all justification, is surely the funniest moment in cricket this year, if not sport as a whole.

It was a shame to see the decline of West Indian cricket (especially because it looks increasingly terminal), but the antics of that other lot over the past twenty years do make it very hard not to feel a great sense of joy watching their team go tits up in such a spectacular fashion. Watching Ponting go even more mental than he did when Pratt ran him out, and with absolutely fuck all justification, is surely the funniest moment in cricket this year, if not sport as a whole.

This. :) :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Fuck any sympathy for Australian cricketers - a consistently dislikeable bunch of graceless larrikins. I'm not shedding a single tear

I'll always think fondly of the great West Indian sides of the past, but it's fair to say that - barring some miracle - the days of the Windies as a major cricketing force are over. The best Caribbean sportsmen are now drawn to greater riches elsewhere, which given the selfish incompetency of the board and structure of the game isn't much of a surprise.

At least you can see West Indian sportsmen doing well elswhere and punching well over their weight in medals tables in the Olympics and beyond. Australia's proud sporting reputation seems to be increasingly in tatters. Even the poms are beating them up at cricket, swimming and proper international rugby. Frankly they're turning into a right bunch of jessies

;)

I want Australia, and the West Indies to recover their greatness. But the decline of the West Indies has no silver lining of pleasure. The Australians have always been obnoxious in victory and defeat.

Back
Top Bottom