Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

I've said this earlier on this thread but Mitchell Johnson's batting is overated. If you take out the two series against SA when generally weird things happened (Hughes and North got runs, Mcgain was allowed to play etc etc), he has only averaged 11 I think. He's a late order slogger who may come off from time to time.

Can't comment on Harris' batting, didnt see much of him at Adelaide.
I am so glad the aussies selected him, cos the england batsmen AND bowlers have thoroughly got his number. They'll break him here

The three back-up fast bowlers are vying for Broad's place in the game against Victoria. Usefully, all 6 wickets in the second innings have been taken by Collingwood (3), Panesar (2), and... erm, Strauss (1). :facepalm:

Not really a great result, but good to see Prior getting runs. When have we ever had a top order in such good nick? Of course we'll get tumbled for 90 now I've said that.

Not really a great result, but good to see Prior getting runs. When have we ever had a top order in such good nick? Of course we'll get tumbled for 90 now I've said that.

Won't matter if we do, they'll just dig in for 500-2 in the second innings lol.

You have a point, but I think the confidence factor given to our order by the knowledge that they've duffed him in the last four tests they played him would be huge
Yes but he is a confidence player in as much if he gets an early breakthrough in his spell,it could set him up for a great comeback.If his tail is up he bowls well

He's not really saying much other than England are well prepared and Australia are not.

It's not copying Australia of 2006 to be well prepared because Australia were well prepared. It's just being well prepared!

He's not really saying much other than England are well prepared and Australia are not.

It's not copying Australia of 2006 to be well prepared because Australia were well prepared. It's just being well prepared!

Ofcourse, the aussies being aussies have to take full credit for it all don't they? :D

good point

shane warne didn't agree with it

"It was a waste of time. The boot camp was a different way to reinforce the same things. My way would have been to lock us all up in a pub."

absolutely

I think Australia, team, media and supporters alike, are guilty of not paying attention to what England have been doing over the last 18 months or so. The underestimation of the side's capabilities has been extraordinary

Warnie has been concentrating on his cock again it seems with Liz Hurley being the happy recipient.Another fine mess its gotten him into:D
Ponting and Hilditch may be getting the arse anyway for taking their eyes off the ball,failing to get the boys in as good of condition as the old enemy.

Anyone read that Nathan Hauritz had a jumble sale of his cricket memorabilia? Apparently he is no longer an international cricketer

Eta - linky http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/sZwv9BQpERsfe3RtcOrYA_w/view.m?id=15&gid=sport/2010/dec/13/the-ashes-2010-nathan-hauritz-michael-beer&cat=cricket

Back
Top Bottom