Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

Anyone read that Nathan Hauritz had a jumble sale of his cricket memorabilia? Apparently he is no longer an international cricketer

Eta - linky http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op...-2010-nathan-hauritz-michael-beer&cat=cricket

That's a pretty disgraceful set of affairs.

Article in the Guardian reckons the powers-that-be in Oz have indulged in a bit of character assassination, whatever the truth of it it's certainly been pretty unprofessional.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/dec/13/the-ashes-2010-nathan-hauritz-michael-beer

Eta: apols, link to same article as you!

Well he does get wickets from time to time. And often a load at once. It depends on whether the batsmen give him a target to bowl at, whether the English batsmen get in, and where the luck is.

That's good news about Harris. He's been the best of their bowlers, although I think Siddle may still come back into it. I think it's a mistake to drop Bollinger so soon too. Siddle, Harris, Hauritz, Bollinger and Hilfenhaus should be their picks.

I wasn't too far off. Looking like Siddle, Harris, Johnson, Hilfenhaus and Smith.

Well he does get wickets from time to time. And often a load at once. It depends on whether the batsmen give him a target to bowl at, whether the English batsmen get in, and where the luck is.
and whether he and his coaches have managed (using only the nets, and without a first-class game since the Gabba) to repair what looked like a damaged game and a damaged action

If Finn and Tremlett get their lines right and the wicket is as quick as they are suggesting, then it'll be interesting stuff.

They sure he's 6 ft 7? He's got tiny hands. :eek:

Chris-Tremlett-007.jpg

Jack the psychic Monkey has just predicted that England will win the third Test, therby ensuring England retain the Ashes. (He's already predicted the draw in the first test and the England win in the second test.)

The Aussies are on the run. Some are even suggesting Shane Warne should be drafted back in to bolster the Aussie attack :facepalm: It's that desperate!

Sky sports subscription on the missus' iPhone so I can watch it in bed. The only problem with watching it in bed is the increased probability of falling asleep before a ball is bowled.

Sky sports subscription on the missus' iPhone so I can watch it in bed. The only problem with watching it in bed is the increased probability of falling asleep before a ball is bowled.

yeah that did happen to me a few times in the first test....woke up with the laptop on my bed at 7am, completely run out of batteries and England having put on 200 runs/taken 5 wickets!

Just have a generous espresso before you go to bed ;)

glad tremlett's in. the name bresnan fills me with dread when i hear it in relation to the england test side.

THERES TROUBLE AT MILL.We might be well and truly fucked before the game starts.Selectors are looking at dropping Siddle to make way for a young spinner called Beer.Playing in front of his home crowd may be exciting but its a move we didnt need.The selectors have already included leggy Smith to bowl with Johnson and Hilfy .Watson can bowl a few as well.I would bowl Siddle before Beer but its an evolving game innit.
After this series we need to sack Ponting,Katich,Hussey and maybe Clarke.Bring in Cameron White to captain the side,Kawaja and Marsh to fill in the batting vacancies and let them roll till the next ashes
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-put-on-outer/comments-fn67x4c9-1225971172761

Tying myself in knots here - Perth a lot further west than Adelaide and Brisbane, so that start time 'later' (closer to UK time) - does it kick off at 1:30am or 2:30am?

glad tremlett's in. the name bresnan fills me with dread when i hear it in relation to the england test side.

one day trundler touted as the 'safe' option when he puts me in mind of Ealham and the rest of the bits and pieces crew. The only arguments I've seen in his favour involve his batting which is daft, he won't make the difference between winning and losing with that. So glad they've gone for Tremlett

will prob stay up for a little bit tonight, then try and get up early for the other four days play. maybe.

actually, i'm going out tomorrow night, so that ain't gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom