Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

Ooh, so Sunak skipped the d day thing in order to do an interview saying he isn’t a liar. And he picked the time.

Thats another 5% to reform.
GPbBuLXXYAA2EsE.jpg

We have them over here. Enthusiastic EU Liberal types who call for the democratisation of the EU with a Prime Minister and European Government directly elected either from Parliament or citizens' assemblies. They have no seats in then EU parliament but they do have one seat on a Parish Council here.

VOLT won an EP seat in Germany in 2019. I'm curious to see if MERA take a seat this time, that's the German franchise of Varoufakis's crowd.

D-day was 80 fucking years ago and everyone who was involved is dead. How long are the flag-fuckers going to keep doing all this performative memorial shite? Lest we forget, it was the militant nationalist fanatics who were the bad guys in 1944.

D-day was 80 fucking years ago and everyone who was involved is dead. How long are the flag-fuckers going to keep doing all this performative memorial shite? Lest we forget, it was the militant nationalist fanatics who were the bad guys in 1944.
Not quite everyone involved is dead yet, there are still several hundred veterans alive who were late teens or early 20s at the time, some over 100 years old and some in their 90s.

Although not many left and it won't be long now.

Last edited:
Is he going to join Starmer's Labour?
Boris Johnson is far too leftwing to be allowed to join Labour let alone stand for election. They want defectors like Elphicke and candidates like Akehurst. However, the Liberals might take him. The could send him of to North Durham.

Not quite everyone involved is dead yet, there are still several hundred veterans alive who were late reens or early 20s at the time, some over 100 years old and some in their 90s.

Although not many left and it won't be long now.
The last British ww1 infantry soldier died in 2009 so maybe another decade or so till the last D-day veteran goes.

Yes, the presence 80 Liberal MPs in the Commons will convince the 400 Labour MPs to reform the voting system to ensure that many of them will be sacked in the next election to be replaced by Tories, Liberals, Greens and the Deformed Farangists.
You clearly haven’t spent any time reading the room on this, or how parliamentary processes work…

You clearly haven’t spent any time reading the room on this, or how parliamentary processes work…
Maybe you'd like to explain your reading of the room and insight into how parliamentary processes work, because I confess to being equally baffled as to how the presence of even 80 LD MPs (and I doubt they'll get anywhere near that) would persuade a Lab govt with a significant majority to introduce any form of PR.

Labour aren't sure they can find the parliamentary time to remove the tories' ID requirements, but they'll be up for implementing a policy they oppose and that would take up vastly more time. Yup, that seems likely.

The Times has jumped in early, with this on their front page this morning.

View attachment 427811
Thanks for sharing.
Adam Pugh seems not on the same page as Carla Denyer or Adrian Ramsey.
I assume that he is not currently a candidate - until 5pm today.
I am a Green Party member - but I am somewhat semidetached. If I lived in Deptford and he was the candidate I would vote Lib Dem.
Not on Israel Palestine grounds - more he seems to me like a Militant entryist.

Back
Top Bottom