Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

I don't think the Dublin Agreement is the same as offshore processing. Isn't it about sharing the responsibility with other countries within the EU. TBF to her, that appears to be what she's suggesting. But of course vague answers, during an election, don't help
She's a terrible person.

This is what I mean by Starmer being a symptom of the Labour Party's right wing trajectory rather than its main instigator.

The Dublin Agreement was that all claims would be processed in the country they arrived in which means Greece, Italy and Spain end up with them. There have been attempts to come up with a policy of spreading them around based on the population size of member countries but places like Hungary and Poland are just flat out refusing to take any.
How can they invoke the Dublin agrement yet crow about making Brexit work and having Union flags on all their election literature - and sound bites.
Clearly this is a Europe-wide issue and we are part of Europe.
But Labour can't simply invoke the Dublin agreement - because we have Brexitted, something Labour is happy with apparently.

Where is Femi_Sorry on this? I'd like to hear what he has to say.
Is he perhaps another aspiring Labour Party candidate who has been blocked by Keir Starmer's boss?
I daresay his Brexit views are almost overwhelmed by his Palestine views.

The record of the Liberal Democrat candidate for Sutton Coldfield 'defending the realm in Ukraine ' is one of unswerving loyalty to duty that will inspire many swing voters.

Here comes the transphobia folks, buckle up it's going to be ugly.

Just to add this is actually removing trans people's rights, as stated in the equality act. Both Labour and the Tories have talked about hospital wards etc but this is the first bit of legislative change promised to ensure trans folks have less rights than they do right now.

The UK really is a shit pit for trans folks as a whole, and this campaign has always eventually wanted to undo the protections afforded by the Equality Act 2010.

I am not confident Labour won't just immediately concede because they don't want the media screaming absolute nonsense at them about how dangerous trans women are. They're not, it's all fucking bigotry.

is it lib dem campaign policy that all their candidates wear stupid hats and dick about on water slides, inflatables and obstable courses like they're in some cutprice reboot of "its a knockout"? They just need stuart hall to do the comentary on July 4th "And here come the lib dems, .. they've played their joker! oh - but they're stuggling through the crazy castle .... AND ITS A LOST DESPOSIT!!"

Last edited:
is it lib dem campaign policy that all their candidates wear stupid hats and dick about on water slides, inflatables and obstable courses like their in some cutprice reboot of "its a knockout"? They just need stuart hall to do the comentary on July 4th "And here come the lib dems, .. they've played their joker! they're stuggling through the crazy castle .... AND ITS A LOST DESPOSIT!!"
It's not the winning, it's the taking part that matters

Screenshot_20240603_201418.jpg

Tiniest credit to Labour for not immediately conceding however their guidance plans for single-sex exemptions will bring the EA2010 into place and are a sop to the insane people who think trans folks don't actually exist.

I guess it's lucky Labour are too busy explaining that Starmer will 100% end the world because he's so patriotic, that's why it's the shadow defence secretary out there.

Election joke from Mrs Q though I am sure most of you will have heard variations on it before.
Sunak and Starmer are aboard a helicopter flying over London
Starmer: I could throw £50 out of this helicopter and make someone very happy.
Sunak: I could throw 20 £50's out of this helicopter and make 20 people happy.
Pilot: I could throw 2 people out of this helicopter and make millions happy.

Yeah if anyone was wondering this was the line being peddled by insane right wing lunatic Posie Parker until the Tories latched onto it about 18 months ago.

Basically anyone who's subscribing to this "we know what a woman is" is saying trans women aren't women, trans men aren't men. It's a poisonous, hate filled and concerted campaign by bigots to go after a minority group.

The Tories likely don't even really believe this, but they're certain they can use trans people to attack Labour and know a good section of comment journalists from the Times, Mail, Telegraph and Guardian as.well as that fucking wizard billionaire will all clap like fucking seals.

Yeah if anyone was wondering this was the line being peddled by insane right wing lunatic Posie Parker until the Tories latched onto it about 18 months ago.

Basically anyone who's subscribing to this "we know what a woman is" is saying trans women aren't women, trans men aren't men. It's a poisonous, hate filled and concerted campaign by bigots to go after a minority group.

The Tories likely don't even really believe this, but they're certain they can use trans people to attack Labour and know a good section of comment journalists from the Times, Mail, Telegraph and Guardian as.well as that fucking wizard billionaire will all clap like fucking seals.

the best thing to do is ignore them.

Back
Top Bottom