Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

You don't watch Clarkson's Farm (you're losing out by the way) but when Clarkson kept his hens indoors because of bird flu, he was told they needed sound to feel safe so he was playing them recordings of Maggie Thatcher's speeches

I’m losing out but also I’m not watching Jeremy Clarkson, the massive cunt.

It’s a pity as its right up my alley, housing, planning system and a bit of country living for flavour but it’s fronted by a man who needs to not be earning a living so I’m comfortable with my choice to not watch him.

You don't watch Clarkson's Farm (you're losing out by the way) but when Clarkson kept his hens indoors because of bird flu, he was told they needed sound to feel safe so he was playing them recordings of Maggie Thatcher's speeches
Again, why would I watch a cunt like Clarkson on telly? Do people not viscerally react to people they don’t like when they come on the telly or radio and have to switch over?

I don’t get it. Why do people listen to talk radio? It can’t be for information and it certainly can’t be for entertainment. Is it just for people who don’t like being alone in the house? You know, like you’re supposed to leave the radio on if you abandon your poor dog at home all day while you’re at work.
That said, I do remember as a student in London in the late 70's/early 80's when a bit bored/out of money, we did sometimes tune into Brian Hayes for the novelty of 'shock-jock' style rudeness to dumb callers.

Again, why would I watch a cunt like Clarkson on telly? Do people not viscerally react to people they don’t like when they come on the telly or radio and have to switch over?
The answer to that question is No, that's not how most people react at all. Why would you expect them to do that? The man comes across as a bit of annoying plonker (one of the things that makes him funny tbh). For what reason do you dislike Clarkson enough to switch over when he comes on? Have you met him? has he inflicted personal harm on you? I get your not a fan (fair enough not everybody is) but it seems strange to me that someone you don't know and hasn't directly affected you can cause intense dislike.

The answer to that question is No, that's not how most people react at all. Why would you expect them to do that? The man comes across as a bit of annoying plonker (one of the things that makes him funny tbh). For what reason do you dislike Clarkson enough to switch over when he comes on? Have you met him? has he inflicted personal harm on you? I get your not a fan (fair enough not everybody is) but it seems strange to me that someone you don't know and hasn't directly affected you can cause intense dislike.
Christ, there's loads of people I feel like that about. And you're saying this on an election thread too! :D

Last edited:
Fess up.

Christ, there's loads of people I feel like that about. And you're saying this on an election thread too! :D
It's understandable that you might take a dim view of Sunak or members of the cabinet since they have of course directly affected your life but Clarkson?

According to the most recent Britain Elects model it's neck and neck between the Tories (35%) and LibDems (34%)

31-30 Tory to Lib Dem in my constituency (they held it until 2010)

Not sure if it’s enough for me to vote for Lib Dems. There’s another urbanite in the constituency too. Perhaps capturing the urban demographic will prove key

A real loss to local media?
I attended a talk on Scientology at Conway Hall by John Sweeney some years back.
He made it more lively than normal by dividing the audience into sections getting them to do synchronised shouting of Scientology catch phrases.
Compared to the normal Conway Hall 1 hour lectures on Nietzsche or the history of birth control in the Victorian era Sweeney was a master of involvement.
His anecdotes about being harassed by Scientologists in the course of his programme making were supplemented by his commendation of the virtues of real ale even then.
And then of course he was available for book signing.
1717189300243.png
its holding its value - £9.25 minimum secondhand. Maybe the Church of Scientology has bought them all up?

A real loss to local media?
He got badly and I mean badly stung whilst working with Hope Not Hate on a Panorama documentary about Tommy Robinson. He was set up to have lunch with Lucy Brown an on-and-off ally ( now totally off) of Robinsons. Sweeney was after some dirt and his lunch with Lucy Brown was covertly recorded by her. The footage released in Robinson’s video ( if you remember he toured with it showing on a huge screen) had Sweeney running up a drinks bill of over £200 , slurring badly and comparing working class people to cannibals from the Amazon., making racist and homophobic remarks and trying to get her to make accusations of sexual assault against Robinson.

He was gutted like a kipper. Panorama ditched him.

It's understandable that you might take a dim view of Sunak or members of the cabinet since they have of course directly affected your life but Clarkson?
How is that relevant? Some people make your skin crawl because of their personality, behaviour and expressed opinions, regardless of whether they directly affect your life or not.
Your question betrays your inherent Thatcherite leanings.

Back
Top Bottom