Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

I reckon Ali Miraj ( who is arguably worse the ID), who took over from him, is going to pretty annoyed if the gig is taken off him within a week. :D

What's also pissing me off is all the gushing tributes from other presenters, when there's silence on Sangita Myska's dismissal.

You should see the ire on the Steve Allen facebook groups! Still!

So I must have been living under a rock at some point and completely missed that registering to vote became compulsory.

Around 2012 apparently

So I must have been living under a rock at some point and completely missed that registering to vote became compulsory.

Around 2012 apparently

Is that different from being on the electoral register? If not, that's always been compulsory (if seldom enforced).

Around 2012 apparently

Yeah that's right.

Presumably a tactical target scalp?
Quite possibly. I'm not sure what other models/polls are suggesting but if they're consistently showing the LibDems fairly close then hopefully that could translate in some lending of votes.

ETA: Electoral Calculus predict that Labour will be nipping at the Tories heels instead. 🤷‍♂️

I think it's compulsory to be on the register because this is how people are called up for jury service - which is compulsory.
This always worries me. I let my post pile up for like six months before I open it. I'll be convicted for non attendance before I realise I'm supposed to be on a jury.

I think it's compulsory to be on the register because this is how people are called up for jury service - which is compulsory.
Yes that is my understanding, not that it's ever been enforced. Maybe they're making noises about enforcing it now? Probably only noises, though, at a guess. Costs them money and effort.

Also, not being on the electoral register fucks your credit rating, so if people are concerned about that, they have an incentive to do it anyway.

When I was in the LP I was always amazed at how many 'comrades' were seemingly addicted to LBC.
I don’t get it. Why do people listen to talk radio? It can’t be for information and it certainly can’t be for entertainment. Is it just for people who don’t like being alone in the house? You know, like you’re supposed to leave the radio on if you abandon your poor dog at home all day while you’re at work.

I don’t get it. Why do people listen to talk radio? It can’t be for information and it certainly can’t be for entertainment. Is it just for people who don’t like being alone in the house? You know, like you’re supposed to leave the radio on if you abandon your poor dog at home all day while you’re at work.
You don't watch Clarkson's Farm (you're losing out by the way) but when Clarkson kept his hens indoors because of bird flu, he was told they needed sound to feel safe so he was playing them recordings of Maggie Thatcher's speeches

Back
Top Bottom