Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

It is starting to look deliberate:

1. Stand outside in the rain
2. Throw out Sky News live on camera
3. Go to a brewery (as a teetotaler)
4. Ask the Welsh about looking forward to a football tournament they didn't qualify for
5. Stand outside the Titanic Quarter
6. Outed 2 x Tory councillors throwing softball questions from "biscuit factory workers"

6 get tory councillors in hi vis pretending to be workers to ask a question
BOOM on the high viz!

(Did they really think the people who worked there were so stupid that they wouldn't realise these men didn't? And also that the chances of some of those actual workers hating Sunak and telling the press etc were kind of high? I mean :confused:)

Has anyone else had a 'vote for us' leaflet through the door yet?

My first arrived a couple of minutes ago - from the lib dems (think they see this as a target 'blue wall' seat)

I'm shocked, shocked i tell you.

Meanwhile in a move which should come as absolutely no surprise to anyone, our broadcasters intend to give little or no airtime to smaller parties:

That's disgraceful. Should be boycotted by viewers unless other leaders can take part.

1716567062934.png

Has anyone else had a 'vote for us' leaflet through the door yet?

My first arrived a couple of minutes ago - from the lib dems (think they see this as a target 'blue wall' seat)

I had two from Labour a month or so ago, and yes they were for the GE not locals, which we didn't have here, they clearly thought it was going to happen at the same as the locals.

4. Ask the Welsh about looking forward to a football tournament they didn't qualify for
I haven't seen the clip (I have a very low tolerance for second-hand embarrassment :oops: ), but unless he specifically referenced Wales' chances, it's not that ridiculous to suggest they might be looking forward to a summer tournament, even though they're not in it, is it?

I guess given how close Wales did get to qualifying, and Sunak being English, I can see how it might not be the best timing...

and this has only been going on for a month!

(Did they really think the people who worked there were so stupid that they wouldn't realise these men didn't? And also that the chances of some of those actual workers hating Sunak and telling the press etc were kind of high? I mean :confused:)
It does continue to amaze me how much people will fool themselves that other people will be fooled. In my experience, that kind of question is quite frequently met with accusations of 'overthinking it', too.

Peston, on Twitter, says that the Tories now have around 150 seats to fill.

Most of them no hopers, but some of these 'emergency candidates' will end up winning seats - and there's been little time/effort put into screening them. Going to be some absolute belters in the next parliament: crooks, nonces, loons and racists.

Most of them no hopers, but some of these 'emergency candidates' will end up winning seats - and there's been little time/effort put into screening them. Going to be some absolute belters in the next parliament: crooks, nonces, loons and racists.
Going to the right place, then?

They knew an election was due some time this year so why haven't they sorted it out? Are the other parties having the same problem or just the tories? It's not like we haven't had a snap election before.

Struggles not to make the obvious joke…

I mean this is mad right. All these sitting MPs not standing. So now they have six weeks to dig up some freaks and present them to the electorate. It does look like a panic. even in a diehard Tori seat, they’re going to present Charlie bobbins as the candidate. exactly. Who the fuck is Charlie bobbins etc. The donkey with blue rosette thing of course. But even so.

Back
Top Bottom