Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

I won't pretend I'm not slightly surprised by Tice standing after Führage bottled it, but let's wait till Reform get 630 sets of nomination papers in, shall we?

Reform didn't stand a candidate for PCC where I live, while the English Democrats (Send them back where they come from and hang the (brown) rapists Party) got 20% of the vote.

I'm not remotely convinced they've got the depth to put 630 candidates forward, let alone actually campaign for the.
`They don't need much depth. They probably will keep their deposits in at least half their seats. They don;t need a ground machine, just funding for the socials and, given their demographic some paid for mail drops. plus 630 loons, disgruntled torys and loony disgruntled tories. They have plenty of cash.

I am not surprised Farage isn't standing, he's earning so much from GBN and other grifting, there was no sense in him doing so. He can still cause a lot of trouble from the sidelines as a supporter of and/or spokesman for Reform, without seeing a dip in his earnings.

This whole idea of him winning a seat for Reform, which was certainly possible in somewhere like Clacton, then defeating to the Tories to become their leader, just seemed totally bonkers to me.

Reform had to stand really after bottling it last time or nobody would take them seriously again and would piss off their supporters.
Also, even if sunak made a deal with them over seats, policies or anything at all, they know he won't be able to deliver because he'll be out on his arse. The only logic for Reflux is to go for it and eat into the tory vote. That is, unless they have a 'principled' (lol) objection to a 'left wing; party being elected. And that's hardly an issue with the starmer gang in charge.

One of the loons* on Conservative Home was calling for the whole of Whitehall to be closed to anyone but people who work in Government party members of the government because of this guy…

(* Boringly there aren’t many loons on today. Just lots of Tories saying how fucked they are.)

They could copy the techniques used in Baghdad and Kabul and build a fuck off wall around Whitehall. Worked really well in Iraq and Afghanistan.

So Sunak lied to the people petitioning for Martyn's Law whom he met a few hours before calling the election? HE must have known that's what he was going to do. What a selfish cunt

Back
Top Bottom