Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

I don't know about the student vote thing. Seems to me that term time vote= students voting predominantly in seats the Tories have no chance in, whereas summer vote = student vote spread out all over including in marginals.

I mean I'm not saying that isn't their thinking, just that if it is it looks like a bad idea.
have you heard of postal votes, which students may avail themselves of if they wish to vote in their term-time constituency when they're not there?

I've had one email and three SMS texts from Labour since 5pm - two asking for money, and two asking for volunteers. Disappointedly it seems they aren't making my constituency - Wyre Forest - a priority, but want help in Worcester, Wolverhampton, and Coventry.
Not sure why coventry is so urgent. The tories were close last time in 2 of the seats due to brexit but i'd be amazed if labour lost this time round in any of the 3 cov seats. Would have thought there were other priorities.

I think some of the ReFuk vote was always going to slide back to the vermin - and farage sitting this out will be a relief. But - and I think there's some research to back this up - the tories will still struggle to gain 5% points from refuk. A large chunk of the gammon vote utterly hate the tories - even more so than they do labour. And some of their voters may go to labour. Tories are currently polling in the low 20s - I think a 30% vote share is the most they can realistically expect.

I think some of the ReFuk vote was always going to slide back to the vermin - and farage sitting this out will be a relief. But - and I think there's some research to back this up - the tories will still struggle to gain 5% points from refuk. A large chunk of the gammon vote utterly hate the tories - even more so than they do labour. And some of their voters may go to labour. Tories are currently polling in the low 20s - I think a 30% vote share is the most they can realistically expect.
I think that's right; the hatred that comes from perceived betrayal is a strong motivator for the gammons. They really thought 'their referendum vote' would put an end to the brown people coming here.

I'm just hoping that the Tory backbenchers actually follow through on their attempt to oust Sunak before the election even happens. I don't think it will work, but it will be delicious to watch it in action.
And if they did somehow pull it off, that's one crack-fuelled goat rodeo I want to watch.

I think that's right; the hatred that comes from perceived betrayal is a strong motivator for the gammons. They really thought 'their referendum vote' would put an end to the brown people coming here.

Also - Sunak has just confirmned that there will be no Rwanada flights until after the election. Cant imagine that is going to win may people over in ReFuk land where they already see him as an duplicitous blowhard who will backslide at the first opportunity.
and another example of Sunaks ability to shoot himself in the foot.

ReFuk are Putin-adjacent so the bots will be swarming to their aid. Their vote isn’t going anywhere, they will see it as a stepping stone to becoming a more viable opposition party, like Le Pen/AFD etc.

The next big decision for me is over which Marx Brothers movie to watch after Mrs Q has gone to bed whilst I am waiting for the results to start coming in. I have the complete set and will probably go for Duck Soup the ultimate commentary on the foolishness of politicians.

The level of Doublethink going on here...

It's Trumpian - that's where a solid slice of the CP is, and as ever, it's important to understand that Trumpism isn't just about this or that sweep of policies, it's about how you operate.

It's not about a bizarre cherry-picked, incoherent political standpoint, it's about being all of the things, all of the time.

Schrödingers politics.

It sounded like he used pretty intense sound compression to have maximum impact.

Noticeable you are able to trundle that size of black boxes along Whitehall without being tasered, presumably a euro umbrella and beer fed countenance is enough to convince the peelers one is not carrying things that go bang.

One of the loons* on Conservative Home was calling for the whole of Whitehall to be closed to anyone but people who work in Government party members of the government because of this guy…

(* Boringly there aren’t many loons on today. Just lots of Tories saying how fucked they are.)

Back
Top Bottom