Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

If you can't engage in robust discussion without resorting to shit like this, maybe you should do us all a favour and fuck off now
krtek quoted a post from hours earlier just to call Russ antisemitic, nothing to do with the thread at all, just random abuse. Unless I'm missing something. Certainly looks to be the way Russ took it.

It is krtek who deserved the warning for being a dick, not Russ.

Last edited:
krtek quoted a post from hours earlier just to call Russ antisemitic, nothing to do with the thread at all, just random abuse. Unless I'm missing something. Certainly looks to be the way Russ took it.

It is krtek who deserved the warning for being a dick, not Russ.

Whether or not krtek was being a dick, I would rather posters didn't get into the habit of using slurs on other posters' mental health as a subject of attack, which is why I challenged that particular post.

CCHQ just think that they can goad the the LP into repeatedly spending campaign money needlessly.
Labour aren't spending campaign money other than for the locals etc. Plus, it seems this new set of rumours was set in motion by Labour, they're constantly pushing the bottling it narrative on Sunak...

Looks like he has been bought with the promise of an NHS advisory gig under Labour. That’s a tactic that could easily be scaled to enough Tories who want to stay in public life next year and don’t have alternative jobs lined up to win a VONC.

As I said there's elections on. The Tory rumours aren't going to force them to spend more, if anything it'll help them fundraise.

What you actually said 'Labour aren't spending campaign money other than for the locals etc.'

As I pointed out that's not true here, as I've had 2 leaflets promoting their candidate for the GE, we don't have any council elections this year.

Defections this Parliament:

Dan Poulter (Central Suffolk & North Ipswich) Con > Lab
Lee Anderson (Ashfield) Con > Reform UK
Lisa Cameron (East Kilbride, Strathaven & Lesmahagow) SNP > Con
Andrew Bridgen (North West Leicestershire) Con > Ind> Reclaim > Ind
Christian Wakeford (Bury South) Con > Lab
Neale Hanvey (Kirkcaldy & Cowdenbeath) SNP > Alba
Kenny MacAskill (East Lothian) SNP > Alba

Defections this Parliament:

Dan Poulter (Central Suffolk & North Ipswich) Con > Lab
Lee Anderson (Ashfield) Con > Reform UK
Lisa Cameron (East Kilbride, Strathaven & Lesmahagow) SNP > Con
Andrew Bridgen (North West Leicestershire) Con > Ind> Reclaim > Ind
Christian Wakeford (Bury South) Con > Lab
Neale Hanvey (Kirkcaldy & Cowdenbeath) SNP > Alba
Kenny MacAskill (East Lothian) SNP > Alba

Still time for Bridgen to try a couple more.

From the bottom of a Guardian story:

One former minister said there was little discernible appetite for a move against Sunak, partly because morale was so low. “People know they’re going down – they all do. It’s just a question of what is best, looking forward,” they said. “It’s about having the best campaign that you can and making sure you win enough seats to be a credible opposition – that’s the basic foundation. If they lose that, then we’re in real trouble.”

Downing St sources dismissed the claims that Sunak could call an election imminently. While deputy prime minister Oliver Dowden is understood to have discussed the idea of a summer poll, the biggest figures in No 10, including campaign director Isaac Levido and chief of staff Liam Booth-Smith are both said to be advocating an election in the late autumn to give the economy more time to show signs of recovery.

He's going to prolong the agony for as long as possible in the hopes of an upturn in the vermin's fortunes isn't he?

That would be logical, the NI cuts are going to start showing up on pay-slips, inflation is coming down, interest rates should start to follow, not that I think any of that will give them a victory, but it could save a few dozen seats.

Clinging on long enough to face and lose a leadership challenge.

I am not convinced there will be a a leadership challenge, the damage was done by Johnson & Truss, and I don't think any leader would have had enough time to turn things around, and certainly not now, with so little time to the next GE.

And, who on earth would want to take on the job ATM, only to lose at the GE, may as well hang on until after, coming in to rebuild the party in time for a future GE.

Back
Top Bottom