Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

Considering May called the 2017 GE when they had around a 20% polling lead, It would be a strange one to call this GE, when Labour is ahead by 20%.

The suggestion is that all reasonable projections show the Tory vote share declining to the point that further delay risks wipe-out. Katy Balls is unconvinced, which is another reason to bet on May,

Tbf to Sevenbins he's not stupid he must realise that as things stand now once he sets a date for the next election he effectively sets a date for the end of his political career. That must be quite an off-putting thought.

He can go back into finance. Or have fun making punts with his wife’s money. Or set up an AI harms institute to keep himself busy. He has much less to worry about than the Tory MPs whose spouses are on the office payroll and who quite like having London and constituency houses, but are unemployable anywhere else.

He can go back into finance. Or have fun making punts with his wife’s money. Or set up an AI harms institute to keep himself busy. He has much less to worry about than the Tory MPs whose spouses are on the office payroll and who quite like having London and constituency houses, but are unemployable anywhere else.
Sadly he won't be forced to resort to begging for coins outside tube stations but with these people ego's are important, not that I have any sympathy for the fucker.

You are George Galloway and I claim my £10
Right, let's get the whole fedora debacle sorted once and for all. When I gave up smoking 13 years, three months and 17 days ago (not that I'm counting) I got into buying hats as a distraction during the early nicotine-free weeks. Yeah, weird I know, but that's nicotine withdrawal. Anyway, one of these hats was a black fedora bought off t'interweb and which has never ever been worn (apart from when I tried it on at home and realised it made me look a right twat). I was aiming for the film noir heart-throb anti-hero look but instead got dodgy horse trader/used car salesman instead. Oh, I also bought a straw hat fedora as well for the sun but my sons just said I looked like a slave trader, so I never wore that either :( I occasionally wear the two flat caps I bought in Matalan on a deal, but only when it's very cold. Oh, I also bought a pork pie off t'internet and wore it once at an anarchist bookfair.

Anyway, I can say, with absolute indefefatigability, that I'm not George Galloway.

You’re more Borgnine that Bogart, and I say that as someone who thinks he’s Audrey Hepburn. Were she alive, I’d have her play me in my biopic. I fear it’s more likely they’d cast Gerrard Depardieu.
Not Bogart, I was thinking more along the lines of John Garfield. But sure, Ernest Borgnine is probably a closer match. I suppose that's what happens when you're in your 60s but self-visualise as if you're in your 20s or 30s.

You’re more Borgnine that Bogart, and I say that as someone who thinks he’s Audrey Hepburn. Were she alive, I’d have her play me in my biopic. I fear it’s more likely they’d cast Gerrard Depardieu.
Feeding our Kdrama addiction on Netflix Mrs Q and I watched one where we were both struck by the strong resemblance between the female lead and our eldest daughter.
Mrs Q: If they ever make the film of your life Mick she could play me as well.
Me: Why in God's name would anyone make a film about my life?

Right, let's get the whole fedora debacle sorted once and for all. When I gave up smoking 13 years, three months and 17 days ago (not that I'm counting) I got into buying hats as a distraction during the early nicotine-free weeks. Yeah, weird I know, but that's nicotine withdrawal. Anyway, one of these hats was a black fedora bought off t'interweb and which has never ever been worn (apart from when I tried it on at home and realised it made me look a right twat). I was aiming for the film noir heart-throb anti-hero look but instead got dodgy horse trader/used car salesman instead. Oh, I also bought a straw hat fedora as well for the sun but my sons just said I looked like a slave trader, so I never wore that either :( I occasionally wear the two flat caps I bought in Matalan on a deal, but only when it's very cold. Oh, I also bought a pork pie off t'internet and wore it once at an anarchist bookfair.

Anyway, I can say, with absolute indefefatigability, that I'm not George Galloway.
Sure George, whatever you say.

I haven't voted since 1997 when I foolishly believed it was the beginning of a new age. It doesn't really make much difference to me and people like me who it is in No 10. We just get shit on regardless.

When I was younger it was briefly believed I looked like Matt Damon. In reality, I looked the least unlike Matt Damon compared to the rest of my friends, so if a stranger was asked “who looks the most like Matt Damon” they would pick me; but I didn’t really look much like him.

I’ll have Burt Lancaster to play me :)

Reactions: Sue
Anja Taylor-Joy, I reckon. A few extra stone and a false beard, maybe some post-production editing, she’d have a decent stab at it.

Dave finally gets selected to stand for Labour.

Mid Sussex, a fairly safe Tory Seat. But still one to watch.

That's an interesting one. Looks safe enough to stay Tory but also the Lib Dems have been campaigning there a fair bit since they won lots of councillors

That's an interesting one. Looks safe enough to stay Tory but also the Lib Dems have been campaigning there a fair bit since they won lots of councillors

A lot of the blue wall in Sussex will come crashing down at the GE with the LDs and. even funnier, Labour taking seats, including both in Worthing, but Mid-Sussex still looks safe, unless Labour voters switch to the LDs.

Statistically speaking, I would expect the best model to be beaten in a single event by some random outliers. Because that’s how outliers work. Over time, however, I would be amazed if any individual could consistently beat it.

Yep this, even if I balk a bit a being called a random outlier.

Back
Top Bottom