Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

No idea about recounts, but Labour have sent out a text this afternoon asking pretty much anyone available in Worcestershire and the Black Country to get over to Dudley to help with the GOTV operation.

I'm telling in my constituency this evening. Soon see...
Looks like Badenoch is talking up postage vote issues to lay the foundation for a recount…

we know you're on twitter. Would you mind either, not posting tedious crap without explanation, or tell us why we should read/watch whatever it is. Cos its just looking like shit spam at the moment.
Others are posting from Twitter, you going to stalk them too you sad little man? Nope? Thought not!

1720111441264.png

This is a wild official message from a sitting Prime Minister.

I'm convinced he was bored with being PM and just decided to call an early election so he could spend more time with his money.

Such a meaningless term which sadly has had big cut through. Won’t save him or stem the bleed.

We've had roughly ten door-knockers so far today and enormous stacks of leaflets - must be easily 40 of them.

Our street is easy to access and a lot of people assume it's all private (only one side is), so we tend to get targeted a lot, but it's likely our ward is seeing a lot of action this time around anyway - what was a safe Labour seat might change to one of the independents because the idiot of an MP decided to abstain on the Palestine vote, which has made her extremely unpopular. It was very difficult for me to force myself to vote for her TBH. but I don't want to risk the stealth Lutfur Rahman crony getting in.

Probably one of the weakest points about Starmer is his lack of interest in constitutional reform, and PR in particular…

Yeah, not convinced that a party that gets 70%+ of the seats on 39%of the vote is going to that hard on PR - the Tories might become converts, but I don't see much sympathy for them in the body politic.

Big thing is that quite simply, the quasi-Fascists are going to get 0.5-1% of the seats on 15+% of the vote. There's going to be a very large slice of that body politic who think that any unfairness to the LD's or Greens is a reasonable price to pay for not having 90+ Faragist MP's in the commons.

Yeah, not convinced that a party that gets 70%+ of the seats on 39%of the vote is going to that hard on PR - the Tories might become converts, but I don't see much sympathy for them in the body politic.

Big thing is that quite simply, the quasi-Fascists are going to get 0.5-1% of the seats on 15+% of the vote. There's going to be a very large slice of that body politic who think that any unfairness to the LD's or Greens is a reasonable price to pay for not having 90+ Faragist MP's in the commons.
I agree and it’s the same mistake they make, they’ll lose in two or three terms then spend a near generation out of power…

Probably one of the weakest points about Starmer is his lack of interest in constitutional reform, and PR in particular…
You clearly see as strengths him lying to Labour members to gain power then breaking all the key promises he made, his adoption of tory austerity policies, abandoning environmental commitments, support for genocide, weaponizing antisemitism accusations while taking no action against party employees who actually caused the problem, expelling thousands of labour members for no good reason including Black and Jewish ones ...

You clearly see as strengths him lying to Labour members to gain power then breaking all the key promises he made, his adoption of tory austerity policies, abandoning environmental commitments, support for genocide, weaponizing antisemitism accusations while taking no action against party employees who actually caused the problem, expelling thousands of labour members for no good reason including Black and Jewish ones ...
When did he lie?

They need to think about what sort of representation RefUK could have next time under FPTP... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom