Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

No idea about recounts, but Labour have sent out a text this afternoon asking pretty much anyone available in Worcestershire and the Black Country to get over to Dudley to help with the GOTV operation.

I'm telling in my constituency this evening. Soon see...

the post you made... saying "It actually isn’t, it shows the public are far more reasonable than the Tory shit posting machine would have anyone believe."

which everyone knew, because thats why the tories are doing shit in the polls.
So simplistic, I’m talking about this issue not the entire Tory platform, by your logic the public are reasonable now but not when they voted Tories into power. I’ve pointed on this issue they’re being reasonable.

You see the difference? Or is your ideology simpleton mind not able to grasp nuance?

Something I've only just noticed. 'Polling Station' signs in Northern Ireland are yellow, and in Scotland some of them (most/all??) say Polling Place.

Scotland
View attachment 431894

Norn
View attachment 431895

</anorak>
Was reading the Electoral Commission guidance about tellers earlier and it says the location (presumably in England) is a polling place, but the the room where people vote is a polling station. Don't know why its different in Scotland, but Scottish posters may be able to explain.

Was reading the Electoral Commission guidance about tellers earlier and it says the location (presumably in England) is a polling place, but the the room where people vote is a polling station. Don't know why its different in Scotland, but Scottish posters may be able to explain.
Different legal system in Scotland. I should point out that the laws I was aware of are Scots laws.

Back
Top Bottom