Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

OFCOM has rejected complaints over C-4 News' 'Undercover - inside Reform's campaign', which because of it being during the election period, they have urgently assessed, and have concluded that they do not raise substantive issues warranting further investigation, and that Farage should go boil his fucking head.

OK, the last bit I made up.

Oh, they have also rejected another complain from Reform.

Ofcom’s Election Committee has considered a complaint from Reform UK about the BBC’s live televised leaders’ debate in Wales, broadcast on 29 April 2021.

The Committee has decided that the BBC’s approach to the format of the debate did not raise concerns under our broadcasting rules, and it has not upheld Reform UK’s complaint. LINK

Whenever the bullshit & bluster fail, the bleating begins, but OFCOM is having none of it from the pathetic little man-baby.

OFCOM has rejected complaints over C-4 News' 'Undercover - inside Reform's campaign', which because of it being during the election period, they have urgently assessed, and have concluded that they do not raise substantive issues warranting further investigation, and that Farage should go boil his fucking head.

OK, the last bit I made up.
Whilst I was delighted to see Farage's band of racists getting exposed, I thought it was a bold move by Ch 4 in the middle of an election (with all the rules about neutrality and the rest). Could have gone badly wrong if they hadn't found any dirt but had been uncovered as journalists.

Has it come out why they chose to go into the Clacton Reflux office? If it was just that Farage was standing there, I imagine they were on potentially shaky ground, whereas if they'd had a tip off about Andrew Parker there was more of a justification. I mean, fuck Farage and his dirty little band, I just thought Ch 4 were being quite bold. Maybe it's that they know they won't have the likes of Dorries on their case after the election.

Whilst I was delighted to see Farage's band of racists getting exposed, I thought it was a bold move by Ch 4 in the middle of an election (with all the rules about neutrality and the rest). Could have gone badly wrong if they hadn't found any dirt but had been uncovered as journalists.

Has it come out why they chose to go into the Clacton Reflux office? If it was just that Farage was standing there, I imagine they were on potentially shaky ground, whereas if they'd had a tip off about Andrew Parker there was more of a justification. I mean, fuck Farage and his dirty little band, I just thought Ch 4 were being quite bold. Maybe it's that they know they won't have the likes of Dorries on their case after the election.

OFCOM election rules don't prevent factual news reporting.

I'm genuinely annoyed that not a single candidate or their team has come knocking to hustle for votes. I've had two leaflets and those came with the post.

It couldn't possibly be that I live on a council estate in Medway and therefore am irrelevant to those that seek power....nah, that's paranoia surely?

I'm genuinely annoyed that not a single candidate or their team has come knocking to hustle for votes. I've had two leaflets and those came with the post.

It couldn't possibly be that I live on a council estate in Medway and therefore am irrelevant to those that seek power....nah, that's paranoia surely?
I'd say that ime none of the parties have made much effort, we've had a couple of mailings and maybe 3 leaflets, that's it, I'm not sure there has been much canvassing at all tbh

OFCOM election rules don't prevent factual news reporting.
Yeah, but this was an investigation that they chose to carry out. Suppose I'm just wondering if it was a trawl or they got a tip off. Of course, playing the percentages, any Reflux office in the country is likely to throw up a random selection of racists, conspiracists etc.

I'd say that ime none of the parties have made much effort, we've had a couple of mailings and maybe 3 leaflets, that's it, I'm not sure there has been much canvassing at all tbh

A lot of it comes down to if you're in a safe seat, in which there's not much point in wasting time and resources.

I am in an area that the Tories have held since the 1880s, it looks like Labour will take it, so they are throwing the kitchen sink at it, I've had 11 flyers from them and a canvasser knock my door, I've never had anything like this before.

dunno

i'm on a council estate in wokingham - the tories don't usually bother to canvass here. bit surprised not to have the lib dems round - they are very keen on this seat and have had a lot of bumf through the door from them, and did have someone call round before the local elections a few months back. expect local labour members are concentrating on the seat nearer reading that they stand a chance of winning.

i'm not sure what the constituencies are there - is yours already a safe labour seat? in which case they also may be concentrating on a 'target' seat

No endorsement for any party in tomorrow’s Times, just a peevish editorial about Labour needing to prove themselves. Tony Gallagher holding out against his boss, essentially.

A lot of it comes down to if you're in a safe seat, in which there's not much point in wasting time and resources.

I am in an area that the Tories have held since the 1880s, it looks like Labour will take it, so they are throwing the kitchen sink at it, I've had 11 flyers from them and a canvasser knock my door, I've never had anything like this before this
Is your bin not big enough?

Yeah, but this was an investigation that they chose to carry out. Suppose I'm just wondering if it was a trawl or they got a tip off. Of course, playing the percentages, any Reflux office in the country is likely to throw up a random selection of racists, conspiracists etc.

I doubt they had a tip-off, they clearly targeted their investigation on the most high profile seat for Reform, because Farage is standing there.

They gave Farage/Reform the right of reply, so their arses were well and truly covered.

I doubt they had a tip-off, they clearly targeted their investigation on the most high profile seat for Reform, because Farage is standing there.

They gave Farage/Reform the right of reply, so their arses were well and truly covered.
Be interesting to know if they've done similar with other parties (in the election period). I suspect there'd be a few depressing things going on in the Rochdale Galloway campaign - or WP elsewhere.

dunno

i'm on a council estate in wokingham - the tories don't usually bother to canvass here. bit surprised not to have the lib dems round - they are very keen on this seat and have had a lot of bumf through the door from them, and did have someone call round before the local elections a few months back. expect local labour members are concentrating on the seat nearer reading that they stand a chance of winning.

i'm not sure what the constituencies are there - is yours already a safe labour seat? in which case they also may be concentrating on a 'target' seat

It's actually a fairly safe (I think) Conservative seat. Kelly Tolhurst is the MP.

I made the mistake of telling a part time colleague that I'm taking the next two days off for the election.

"Oh what's the bloody point....all politicians are lying fuckers..... They're all the bloody same, every one of them..... We're bloody full of terrorists and all sorts and none of them want to stop it.... Bloody waste of time, who gives a shit about politics.....You do you, though, whatever floats your boat"

I'm back at my desk now.
Tbh I’d have some sympathy with your colleagues. I've never worked with anyone who would take two days leave to watch the general election but apparently doesn't engage with colleagues at work ‘politically’ / ‘news wise’ ?

Comes across as politics is a hobby but something you keep to yourself not a conversational tool or even an an enquiry as to what people at work think .

You failed to answer my query as to which trade union you are in so perhaps posting on an anti Tory website is just a guilty pleasure ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom