Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

Be disappointed if the Greens get only 1, I would never like to see them in power as they stand now but getting 2 or 3 seats will hopefully concentrate the minds of mainstream politicians a bit more. I don't want to see Reform get more than Clacton. If Frog Lord himself wins OK then we can mark it down to the personality cult he has built up around him, but if 3 or 4 of them win (even worse if it's in the 5-10 range) then that suggests they have arrived and might do better still in the future.

If Frog Lord loses Clapton/Clacton he will walk a seat in the Welsh Senedd in 2026 - but he’ll have to move to Wales (they changed the rules recently)

What's a cheque grandad?
It's like a bank transaction except you can actually see it.

Busy day for me election day will be. Going the dentists in the morning, take two bags of stuff to the charity shop and finally feed my daughter's cat since she and her husband are taking our granddaughter to meet her father's family for the first time.
Other than feeding the Demonbeast there is a certain element of criticising the Tories in my activities, my dentist long abandoned the NHS and the charity stuff is ever more appreciative of clothes to meet the growing demand.

Look at the state of this bullshit. Hand-delivered in an envelope on which my name was written by hand.

View attachment 431778
Similar down here. We were both out, but ours suggested the candidate may have knocked which might have been fun if we were in because mrs mx has worked with our Lib candidate a few years ago.

Her comment may have been along the lines of “I hope he’s a better politician than he was a vet.”

OFCOM has rejected complaints over C-4 News' 'Undercover - inside Reform's campaign', which because of it being during the election period, they have urgently assessed, and have concluded that they do not raise substantive issues warranting further investigation, and that Farage should go boil his fucking head.

OK, the last bit I made up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom