Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

Yes, they may have to rewrite the job descriptions for gamekeepers on his estate: 'habitat management... promotion of biodiversity.. protection from fecal ninjas...'.
It's not his estate it was gifted to the nation during WW1

There's no dismissing it, though I think the emphasis you put on it is wrong. Also, there's no real 'shock' on the part of the interviewer. Exactly these videos were made by that John Whatisit in the Guardian in the Brexit campaign and before. And also, people know about the attitudes and conditions in places like Ashfield simply by living there.

But back to the bit about your emphasis being wrong. You'll get no disagreement from me on the point that places where there is a backlash against the decline of decades of neo-liberalism can be very difficult for minorities. Worse than 'difficult' for migrants in particular. But what happens if you paint places like Ashfield as shark infested, dangerous, 'other' even? How do you ever move towards some kind of working class politics, how do you build something out of the (literal) ruins? Where does solidarity start?
Now you are asking the right questions. And, my experience of a former red wall Reform target seat is personal, because, unlike Moyà, or I guess Sue, I live in one

I've been wondering recently about the timing of visits by door-knockers. With their target demographic being old people, are the Tories the only ones who come out canvassing during the day on weekdays?
But those weekday door-knockers won't only come across OAP's. There's also the huge demographic of work-shy layabouts smoking crack cocaine and watching colour telly all day.

interesting.
Youth Demand.
Not heard of em before now.
Cops say the car and the trespasses were two separate incidents. I think they are related.
“The men aged 52 from London, 43 from Bolton, 21 from Manchester, and 20 from Chichester, remain in police custody for questioning and enquiries are ongoing.”

A video has been released by protest group Youth Demand showing a young man entering the property and defecating in a lake.

The group said the action was a “parting gift” for the prime minister and the Conservative government.

Youth Demand describes itself as a campaign calling for an arms embargo on Israel, as well as for the government to revoke all new oil and gas licences granted since 2021.

In a separate incident, a car crashed into the gates of Sunak’s official country residence Chequers in Buckinghamshire, police said.
The most exciting thing is apparently I can still call myself a youth.

It's not his estate it was gifted to the nation during WW1

I thought the be shitted lakes was his - or more likely some off shore companies’ whereas the Classic VW was the nation’s.

Back
Top Bottom