Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

interesting.
Youth Demand.
Not heard of em before now.
Cops say the car and the trespasses were two separate incidents. I think they are related.
“The men aged 52 from London, 43 from Bolton, 21 from Manchester, and 20 from Chichester, remain in police custody for questioning and enquiries are ongoing.”

A video has been released by protest group Youth Demand showing a young man entering the property and defecating in a lake.

The group said the action was a “parting gift” for the prime minister and the Conservative government.

Youth Demand describes itself as a campaign calling for an arms embargo on Israel, as well as for the government to revoke all new oil and gas licences granted since 2021.

In a separate incident, a car crashed into the gates of Sunak’s official country residence Chequers in Buckinghamshire, police said.

So it looks as if the Labour candidate in Suffolk who has been suspended after being identified as a wrong’un by the Gambling Commission had bet not on the election date, but that he was going to lose the seat. That actually sounds more like a hedge against a disappointing outcome than a cunning ploy to throw the election and win a few hundred quid, particularly as he was rich enough to have donated £100k (now returned) to the party. However, it’s a really annoying blow to the Tory sleaze narrative.
It plays right into Farage’s hands, “Both those parties are sleazy fucks, we need to clean up politics (just don’t ask ourselves too many questions)”

Youth Demand said:
A Youth Demand spokesperson said:

“From Number 10 to Number 2, let’s face it: he’s done a shit job, and the Tories are facing an electoral wipe-out. As a final goodbye, we’re issuing a ‘code-brown’ to Mr Sunak and his colleagues in government for 14 years of total failure, by delivering them some much needed moral fibre. They’ve landed us all up shit-creek and so we hope they accept these ‘gorilla fingers’ as a heartfelt gesture of our feelings towards them.”

“But although we’ve unloaded some timber, we’re not out of the woods yet. Our political system is broken. Labour has to lose the policies from the bottom-drawer and convince floating voters by putting the skids on arms trading with Israel and flushing all oil and gas projects licensed since 2021- policies which stain the UK’s reputation. It’s a big job, but it’s time to sort shit out. Join us for a week of action in London from the 13th July, sign up at
youth demand.org.

Do you reckon Youth Demand take fifty-year olds?

Reform are allegedly polling a close third behind vermin and lib dems round here all between 25 and 35% but I’m yet to have the pleasure of a leaflet

Leicester East has been blessed with not one but two ex-Labour MP expellees on the ballot, as well as the actual Labour candidate.

Keith Vaz trying to make a come back, plus Claudia Webbe the current independent MP since she had the whip removed this parliament.
Galloway must be feeling left out.

Mr Mayor, who has been around too long not to be dodgy himself, thinks Vaz may win. Given that the Labour candidate is a London-based businessman; maybe, Claudia is the best of a bad lot.

Worse than Simon de Monfort!

Mr Mayor, who has been around too long not to be dodgy himself, thinks Vaz may win. Given that the Labour candidate is a London-based businessman; maybe, Claudia is the best of a bad lot.

Worse than Simon de Monfort!

To be fair, Webbe always turned up for pickets, strike support and kill the bill stuff. Can't see her getting anywhere mind. I expect it'll be Vaz or Labour.

showing a young man entering the property and defecating in a lake.

The group said the action was a “parting gift” for the prime minister and the Conservative government.
My favourite moment of the election so far. :thumbs:

When I saw the story about 4 men being arrested at Sunak's home, I was going to make a quip about them being travelling moat cleaners looking for work. Turns out they were actually creating work for the moat cleaning industry.

interesting.
Youth Demand.
Not heard of em before now.
Cops say the car and the trespasses were two separate incidents. I think they are related.
“The men aged 52 from London, 43 from Bolton, 21 from Manchester, and 20 from Chichester, remain in police custody for questioning and enquiries are ongoing.”

A video has been released by protest group Youth Demand showing a young man entering the property and defecating in a lake.

Youth Demand describes itself as a campaign calling for an arms embargo on Israel, as well as for the government to revoke all new oil and gas licences granted since 2021.

In a separate incident, a car crashed into the gates of Sunak’s official country residence Chequers in Buckinghamshire, police said.
Did he live-steam the dirty protest?

More of this please
I like the idea of Sunak's final meeting of the day with his staff:

'Sorry PM, the polls are still as bad'
- oh dear, oh dear. How about the gambling stuff, surely nothing else on that front?
'Fraid not, Russell George appears to be in the frame.
- oh, goodness me. Well, I'm getting off to bed, surely there's no more bad news?
'Well....'

Heard a concerning report from agent for a beleaguered Labour candidate in one of seats targeted by Reform tonight. Said their campaign still had reasonable conversations with undecideds and even most voters for other parties in “more affluent” parts of (very deprived overall) constituency- but in former strongest Labour areas/council estates it was wall to wall Reform placards and in your face racism from a majority 😢 of those canvassed.

Worse, when trying to talk about real concerns -health, employment, housing- people (especially men) became more aggressive and it became clear that most of Reform voters were not just shallow racists, but have bought the whole conspiracist/homophobe/paranoid/antivax worldview. Online shit/GB News/TalkRadio has rotted a lot of brains.

She reported also that Asian/black/LGBTQ people were saying they now felt very threatened by the atmosphere in their area.

This is the future if Farage’s mob get a foothold. Time for some serious thought about how to reverse this. (And I absolutely do not absolve neoliberal new Labour of their blame for some of this)

Heard a concerning report from agent for a beleaguered Labour candidate in one of seats targeted by Reform tonight. Said their campaign still had reasonable conversations with undecideds and even most voters for other parties in “more affluent” parts of (very deprived overall) constituency- but in former strongest Labour areas/council estates it was wall to wall Reform placards and in your face racism from a majority 😢 of those canvassed.

Worse, when trying to talk about real concerns -health, employment, housing- people (especially men) became more aggressive and it became clear that most of Reform voters were not just shallow racists, but have bought the whole conspiracist/homophobe/paranoid/antivax worldview. Online shit/GB News/TalkRadio has rotted a lot of brains.

She reported also that Asian/black/LGBTQ people were saying they now felt very threatened by the atmosphere in their area.

This is the future if Farage’s mob get a foothold. Time for some serious thought about how to reverse this. (And I absolutely do not absolve neoliberal new Labour of their blame for some of this)
Ah. those thick, racist people on council estates who wont talk about 'real concerns'. :rolleyes:

Ah. those thick, racist people on council estates who wont talk about 'real concerns'. :rolleyes:
It's definitely weeping through. Someone at work who 'doesn't do politics' casually dropped 'such as removing St Georges Day' as a reason for not supporting politicians. I didn't push her because I don't need another meeting without biscuits as it were, though the full implication sat between us heavily and obviously.

It's definitely weeping through. Someone at work who 'doesn't do politics' casually dropped 'such as removing St Georges Day' as a reason for not supporting politicians. I didn't push her because I don't need another meeting without biscuits as it were, though the full implication sat between us heavily and obviously.
And what was that full implication? I mean it sounds like you didn't ask her what she meant.

Back
Top Bottom