Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

You mean apart from the dullard Starmer getting the levers of power to change shit, and the exciting Corbyn, err... not?

One is activity, and the other is achievement.

Corbyn built a really big fan club. Like 1D, or the Spice Girls.

What would be hilarious is if Starmer gets less votes than Corbyn, while getting a 100+ seat majority.
What is the 'achievement' of getting into power if you use that power to harm people?

What's your problem with other people?

More democracy not less, everywhere all the time; let's really look at each other and recognise that we are all the same stuff, and of equal value, so we should all be in the room...if we choose to be.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Llanfair, c’est les autres.

More democracy not less, everywhere all the time; let's really look at each other and recognise that we are all the same stuff, and of equal value, so we should all be in the room...if we choose to be.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice
Went well with Brexit.

Question time update.
Lib Dem dude trying to justifying his and his parties existence.
Been grilled on the fact he wouldn’t meet Allen Bate’s.

Reactions: Ax^

Cheers - Louis MacNeice
The Swiss have referendums on everything, which is as democratic as it gets really. And it's directly responsible for the national shame that is having given women the vote in 1971. Democracy for democracy's sake is a laudable goal, but it has a habit of not working out the way the people in favour of it expect it to. I'm not against getting the public involved in principle, but I do think it needs to be carefully thought out first or the results can be unpredictable. And yes, sheriffs and judges in the US is a good example of that. It turns the local justice system, which should be blind, into a political animal. Far from making everyone equal, it encourages a political class with the funding reserves to run campaigns to be in charge of everything. (I do not have any proposed solutions for that, unfortunately)

The Swiss have referendums on everything, which is as democratic as it gets really. And it's directly responsible for the national shame that is having given women the vote in 1971. Democracy for democracy's sake is a laudable goal, but it has a habit of not working out the way the people in favour of it expect it to. I'm not against getting the public involved in principle, but I do think it needs to be carefully thought out first or the results can be unpredictable. And yes, sheriffs and judges in the US is a good example of that. It turns the local justice system, which should be blind, into a political animal. Far from making everyone equal, it encourages a political class with the funding reserves to run campaigns to be in charge of everything. (I do not have any proposed solutions for that, unfortunately)
Why do you only want predictable results? And it's obvious that the police, who derived their name from the Greek word for state, are always going to be political. Criminal justice is political. I don't believe you've thought through the way laws are created and enforced, which it shouldn't surprise you to find is political.

Keith is doing my head in. Getting NHS waiting lists down seems to depend on staff being willing to work even longer hours. Not much resistance in the audience, but I can't believe most staff would agree to that.

army working with young people to make it more appealing

not sure the american army "america fuck yeah'

is going to work as well in the uk :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom