Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

It's quite telling that most of the press for the last month has about Tory wipeouts and campaign blunders of the Tories rather than anything particularly positive about Labour. This is basically the 'get them out' election with a slice of Farage/Reform. Any 'enthusiasm' for Labour seems to be almost entirely centered around them not being the conservative party.

It's quite telling that most of the press for the last month has about Tory wipeouts and campaign blunders of the Tories rather than anything particularly positive about Labour. This is basically the 'get them out' election with a slice of Farage/Reform. Any 'enthusiasm' for Labour seems to be almost entirely centered around them not being the conservative party.
If we had Proportional Representation what do you think would happen?
I think you've hit the nail on the head. Labour's support hasn't gone up drastically since the 2017 elections say, they've always bobbed around the 30-40% area, It is the Tory vote that has collapsed. Perhaps the appeal of the Labour Party is just that they're not the Conservative Party?

Have to warm to the anti-monarchist Reform candidate:

Reform has been urged to suspend its candidate in one of Scotland’s key battleground seats after reports that she posted “sickening” comments about the monarchy.

Joanna Hart, who is standing in Aberdeenshire North and Moray East, apparently posted “fuck the Royals”, “make Lizzy the last”, and compared the royal family to “benefit scroungers” on social media during the Platinum Jubilee celebrations three years ago.
I always think of Buckingham Palace as the world's best council house.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Labour's support hasn't gone up drastically since the 2017 elections say, they've always bobbed around the 30-40% area, It is the Tory vote that has collapsed. Perhaps the appeal of the Labour Party is just that they're not the Conservative Party?
The party system would be different. The Labour Party would have already split into two (or more!) right and left parties.

N
It's the equivalent of insider trading, which has been illegal in the UK since 1980, and which carries a maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment.

Unfortunately I believe it only applies to securities and equities trading. But this is morally the same.
Yes morally neutral cunts ripping if cunts

Is Ed Davey just on a jolly? Yesterday he was making sandcastles, today building a bird box.

It's like he's bought load of cut price 'experiences' on Wowcher.

I mean good luck to him tbh. At least he's not bothering sheep.
Fair Rinkan to him.

but whenever they get to actual power, such as Brexit, it's all exposed as bollocks and the whole thing falls apart.
....They won the referendum though?
The Tory Director of Campaigns - the one married to the woman who made the election date between - is one a 'leave of absence'.

Two weeks before a GE.

Fucking spectacular.
nice weather for gardening leave tbf

I’ve always been an advocate for PR but if we had it now I’m sure Reform would do a lot better than the handful of seats they’ll probably get, so I’ve gone off the idea

So he enthusiastically pushed for higher charges for people during the riots, repeatedly pushing for "one up" for higher charges, even people with no previous record who were caught up in the protests for "really minor offences". He weaseled out at 1:20 saying "the prosecutor doesn't decide on the conviction ... and the court then looks at it in the round ...".

He delivered (at 3:15) 27% cuts at the DPP "fully", "enthusiastically" "slightly ahead of schedule" "with no pushback" by getting rid of the most expensive (i.e most experienced) people. So he admits that he "inflicted" austerity on a public service: "which does mean I've got first hand experience of what it means to inflict [sic] austerity on a public service which is why I'm determined to never do it again".

The "biggest failure" was "a loss of corporate knowledge", and was adjudged "a mistake" and according to the interviewee (couldn't catch the name, subtitles said Naz Rafal but doesn't sound like that) who worked with him. He said it was a textbook case on "how not to do it".

Starmer disputed that with "not easy choices" :rolleyes:. The CPS annual reports was filled with euphemisms and corporate speak "that concealed a darker reality". The interviewee said "there were people around me who were "falling", he did a survey showing "drink levels were going up, mental health issues were clearly evident, people around me were suffering - when are doing more work with less people that is going to happen".

Challenged that people were dropping, people turning to drink the fucker smiled and shook his head ... "well at the end of my five-year tenure the offer was made for me to continue but people were "pleeeased [sic] with the change" and the progress we were making". "People" in this case were his tory masters.

And we've all seen how greatly his proclaimed improvements on improving the treatment of rape victims went. It must have been pretty fucking diabolical before for him to have made the great improvement he claims.
He didn’t: as the electors will soon find out, Starmer is venal lying scum.

Back
Top Bottom