Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Six Nations 2023

On a serious note, England had no one to throw in at a line out last year as one hooker was injured and the other in the sin bin v Scotland and Marler (I think) did it very badly.

Not a bad thing to have practiced in a live game, and when they focussed on throwing to POM at the front it wasn’t a disaster

It was the visible improvement to the scrum that had me :confused::D

Edit: I guess if there was an injury in there to start with it would improve.

Reactions: Ax^
It was the visible improvement to the scrum that had me :confused::D

Edit: I guess if there was an injury in there to start with it would improve.
It was odd that Kellerher got done for the break leg as he’s a reliable scrummager.

Overall, Farrell must be delighted the mental resolve to win that game was immense. The two things that stand apart from the Joe era is the players are trusted and mentally strong.

Ireland team for Saturday

Hugo Keenan; Mack Hansen, Robbie Henshaw, Bundee Aki, James Lowe; Johnny Sexton (capt), Jamison Gibson-Park; Andrew Porter, Dan Sheehan, Tadhg Furlong; Ryan Baird, James Ryan; Peter O'Mahony, Josh van der Flier, Caelan Doris

Rob Herring, Cian Healy, Tom O'Toole, Kieran Treadwell, Jack Conan, Conor Murray, Ross Byrne, Jimmy O'Brien

England are starting Dave Ribbans (off to France next year sadly) at lock who I rate. Decent carrier. Chessum is out for 6 months so perhaps a doubt to miss the World Cup.

Otherwise the changes are Farrell for Smith, Tuilagi for Lawrence and Arundell for Malins. I’m excited to see Arundell get a first start - highlight reel here :)

I remember the 2019 game well; a performance that dominated an Ireland team fresh from beating the All Blacks just 10 weeks previously, this was the beginning of the end of the Schmidt era. England had a midfield of Farrell, Tuilagi and Slade that day too but I don’t see history repeating itself.

Six nations swansong for Sexton, and probably the points record, Ireland by at least 10 points. If they can easily win what was a tight game at half time, away from home with no hooker in the second half, they can definitely beat this shambles of an England team.

Scotland and Italy are two teams who could do with a win. No Hogg or Russell for Scotland. Heart says Italy, head Scotland. Might still be working when its on so could miss this.

France v Wales. Another widely different selection from Gatland, he’s used the 6N to experiment ahead of the WC and build for 2027. Quite a few of his team will be playing their last 6N game. France surely can only come down from last weeks performance, but I suspect this will go to form with a bonus point win for France.

England are starting Dave Ribbans (off to France next year sadly) at lock who I rate. Decent carrier. Chessum is out for 6 months so perhaps a doubt to miss the World Cup.

Otherwise the changes are Farrell for Smith, Tuilagi for Lawrence and Arundell for Malins. I’m excited to see Arundell get a first start - highlight reel here :)

I remember the 2019 game well; a performance that dominated an Ireland team fresh from beating the All Blacks just 10 weeks previously, this was the beginning of the end of the Schmidt era. England had a midfield of Farrell, Tuilagi and Slade that day too but I don’t see history repeating itself.

Six nations swansong for Sexton, and probably the points record, Ireland by at least 10 points. If they can easily win what was a tight game at half time, away from home with no hooker in the second half, they can definitely beat this shambles of an England team.

Scotland and Italy are two teams who could do with a win. No Hogg or Russell for Scotland. Heart says Italy, head Scotland. Might still be working when its on so could miss this.

France v Wales. Another widely different selection from Gatland, he’s used the 6N to experiment ahead of the WC and build for 2027. Quite a few of his team will be playing their last 6N game. France surely can only come down from last weeks performance, but I suspect this will go to form with a bonus point win for France.

Agree with your prediction for the France result. I'm just rooting for us to lose by less than a 43 point margin so we can claim bragging rights over our friends across the border 😉

We had an unfit Robbie Henshaw at FB that day, he hadn't played fullback since his early days at Connacht. England were bloody ruthless I think you may have had 4 kickers in the backs and they peppered Henshaw all day.

Last edited:
Was a great finish. I reckon this game might stay tight

That said, Warburton made a good point on bbc radio, for all Italy’s attacking flair, they’ve still conceded the most tries.

Reactions: Ax^
Why the fuck doesn't Garbisi the Younger start at 9? He brought much needed zip and accuracy, should have been on from the start

Another "almost" performance from Italy, just too many handling errors. Fair play to Scotland though, gritty stuff at the end!

France strike back immediately with a counterattacking try. How did Ntamack get through that gap. Poor by Welsh defence

Back
Top Bottom