Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Six Nations 2023

He hasn't really clicked for England though has he? Not sure whose fault that is though. Just kinda feels like he's not up to it, is that unfair?
A few things spring to mind - he just doesn’t get the time and space at international level, he’s playing behind a crap pack so slow ball, don’t think he works well with JVP

But suspect he’s not quite up to the highest level

He's a decent enough player, and bless him he tries with all he's got, you can see that, but he doesn't have that thing there isn't a word for. Edge, brilliance...

He hasn't really clicked for England though has he? Not sure whose fault that is though. Just kinda feels like he's not up to it, is that unfair?
Nothing he tried came off.

Another day, we might of got a couple of tries off his flair.

He did kick possession away too often. it was as if he was trying too hard - had he been coached to that?

Given a year or so, I think he'll mature into the best 10 we've seen in a while.

England generally - too many handling errors, too many bad decisions. France - played pretty well.

Disappointing - there's no hiding from a record home defeat.

We were sat in an area with a big French contingent - was a bit odd being totally drowned out, not an issue, and Dupont got a good clap when he left the field from most of the England fans too.

Dublin next week won't be pretty. I may have to dig up my Irish ancestors.

Reactions: Ax^
He does have an eye for the gap unlike every other English 10, and tbh he does make breaks but it feels like he doesn’t get the same return as in the prem, whether that’s poor selection from him of when to go for it at this level or just the fact that defences are better I’m not sure plus he’s a turnstile in defence

He does have an eye for the gap unlike every other English 10, and tbh he does make breaks but it feels like he doesn’t get the same return as in the prem, whether that’s poor selection from him of when to go for it at this level or just the fact that defences are better I’m not sure plus he’s a turnstile in defence
When a player is as defensively weak as he indubitably is he would really have to bring something in attack to offset the protection he'd require when his team isn't in possession. Smith doesn't achieve this, imo.

Can’t believe the Scot’s put a piper on the roof of the stadium. Still sounded like she fluffed a note or two.

Interesting that line-in that led to the non-try wasn't allowed. Quick line-outs have always confused me so I checked rules for them last week - having to use the same ball is one, nobody else can touch the ball (even ball boys) before the throw in, too. Apparently not all referees know the rules :eek: but this one did.

Interesting that line-in that led to the non-try wasn't allowed. Quick line-outs have always confused me so I checked rules for them last week - having to use the same ball is one, nobody else can touch the ball (even ball boys) before the throw in, too. Apparently not all referees know the rules :eek: but this one did.
Was hoping someone would know and explain, ta :thumbs:

I particularly liked about 10 minutes ago when a couple of Irish legs splayed upwards out of the ruck for no apparent reason.

Reactions: Ax^
Back
Top Bottom