Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Six Nations - 2024

Having done a bit of thinking about the England Ireland game last night I was glad that England turned up to play rugby as I didn’t think they could win an arm wrestle and rely on kicking goals. A lot of very good England individual successes eg the back 3, Mitchell at 9, the back row, Martin (some of those carries and hits) and domination of set piece. Now England need to back it up against France.

The performance was as pleasing as the result. Ireland with a 6-2 split were slightly exposed with the early injuries, but they have won these sort of games before. Perhaps a little lack of big game experience at 10 was a factor for them.

If Ireland lose to Scotland, England can technically win the 6N but for that to happen needs a lot of things to go the right way. Had England got any bonus points this tournament it would be a bit more likely, but still think Ireland will get something next week so will win the title.

I'm ridiculously excited about the next games. I think in part it's because I'm watching them with someone who was a player and played for the army. It puts a different spin on the game watching with someone who knows the game so intimately. A bit like when I watched football with professional players, there's a difference in attitude and perception of performance.

Well I was quite nervous 5 mins in to the second half but that was a much better performance and the last 20 we absolutely bossed Wales.

Generally better all round, def prefer Le Garrec to start. Emphatic in the end. Phew!

I was sitting with a lot of France fans and they were singing all game and did one song that involved jumping up and down a lot. Not sure many of them will be working tomorrow morning :D

I’d back Wales to get a try bonus point I think, and that’s the mindset they should have I think. If you score 4 tries you are
far more likely to win

I’d back Wales to get a try bonus point I think, and that’s the mindset they should have I think. If you score 4 tries you are
far more likely to win
Yes, but it's whether they can contain Italy as well, so they don't get a losing bonus point

I can't find anything up to date and authoritative, but was the French scrum on Sunday the heaviest ever? I think it was around 970kg, and all my searches bring up a mention of another French pack from a couple of years ago clocking in at 950kg. Who'll be the first to break the tonne barrier?

Back
Top Bottom