Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russia; pariah state watch

More dock workers refusing to unload Russian oil.

Good to read this

Sharon Graham, general secretary of Unite, said they had informed the company that "Unite workers at the facility will under no circumstances unload any Russian oil regardless of the nationality of the vessel which delivers it".

But not this

Following the Russian invasion of Ukraine the UK became the first country to ban all ships that are Russian-owned, operated, controlled, registered or flagged from entering its ports.

which suggests that if it's Russian oil in a German or, as previously, Cypriot registered ship, the sanctions don't apply and it's only action from dock workers which have turned the ship away

Cant they just confiscate the oil and not pay for it? Although I’d kind of assume Russia already has the $$$ for it if it’s on a boat.

I imagine Irn Bru with vodka is quite nice. I don't drink vodka but might try it with gin if I can find some full-fat Irn Bru.
I'd be amazed if you can still find any original full fat Irn-Bru

When they announced the change to artificial sweetener what must be 4-5 years ago I bought a 24 pack and towards the end of drinking them the last can or so was already starting to lose some of its fizz so good knows what a can would be like now

I imagine Irn Bru with vodka is quite nice. I don't drink vodka but might try it with gin if I can find some full-fat Irn Bru.

as exampled below

IMG_3821edit.JPG

have to ponder could you make a passible attempt at a dark and stormy if you replaced the Ginger with iron brew

Confiscate private property what are you some kind of communist!!
From the Telegraph

Michael Gove is taking a "Jeremy Corbyn approach" in his bid to seize oligarchs' homes without compensation, government insiders have warned, as some in Whitehall resist proposals to confiscate Russian-owned assets.

A government source warned against undermining "the right of an individual to own their own property" as part of the crackdown on those linked to Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, following the invasion of Ukraine.

An ally of Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister, also warned against any move that infringes on property rights.

Back
Top Bottom