Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russia mobilises - consequences and reactions

Not a fan of everything R2D2 says but, even though the thread has become tedious, he isn't the only one responsible and banning him is wrong.

will admit was on the steaming side of drunk yesterday so my input was not helpful

but he had been doing it for 48 hours before I stumbled in

plus ever thread that involves this issue is the poster explaining how Nato and the west is the reason for the invasion

without showing any contrition about Russia actions since the start of the special operation
or view points on the mobilisation, Russia men fleeing the draft or the the damage, deaths and infrastructure damage incurred

Last edited:
will admit was on the steaming side of drunk yesterday so my input was not helpful

but he had been doing it for 48 hours before i'm stumbled in

plus ever thread that involves this issue is the poster explaining how Nato and the west is the reason for the invasion

without showing any contrition about Russia actions since the start of the special operation
or view points on the mobilisation, Russia men felling the draft or the the damage, deaths and infrastructure damage incurred
He's under no obligation to show contrition. You dislike his pov. Fine. You can live with it, though, can't you? Even if you don't put him on ignore, you can just glaze over his posts. You're dangerously close to saying that there should be an official Urban75 line on this issue.

I'm not asking for an official line from Urban75 if i was that arrogant last night it was not my intention :oops:

i will apologise, it was not my intention beer/weed had me clouded

I'd just like a progression of his viewpoint from the first weeks of the invasion
but its not something I can make another poster do as its not within my control

in all honestly after waking up this morning, i found my fist in my month after logging in

Last edited:
after the forced rallies on friday in moscow and the more natural rallies around Russia

i will admit to not understanding why someone is defending Russia's or to be clear Putins position

Yeah I wouldn't call for him to be banned or anything but I get how it's disruptive to a thread. Of which I've been part of TBF as someone who has tried to ask what he thinks should have been done here in 2022.

These mobilised Russians got dumped out in an open field near Russian RAF unit. This is one guy's conversation with someone back home.

"Over there, people from other cities, a fuck ton, 500 or more." Dumped to fend for themselves. Maybe it's all part of their training. 🤷‍♀️ He advises anyone getting mobilised to bring warm clothes and a sleeping bag, a gas burner, "Noone will be checking you in airports, noone gives a fuck there. They won't give a shit if you bring an assault rifle or something."

"Take food with you, since we don't know if we'll be settled into housing. They said tomorrow, but from what I've heard the guys on the other side live like this for a week."

In an earlier video, this other guy says there are "around 800 people for sure."

1664751611733.png
link: Dmitri War Translated

Anyway, Perun's latest is on mobilisation... from the military utility perspective rather than social side.

That quote from Valerii Zaluzhniy at the end is pretty chilling: "We've finished off the Russian professional army, now it's time to finish off the amateur one"....

He's under no obligation to show contrition. You dislike his pov. Fine. You can live with it, though, can't you? Even if you don't put him on ignore, you can just glaze over his posts. You're dangerously close to saying that there should be an official Urban75 line on this issue.
The POV I am less bothered by - there are plenty of people on Urban whom I like, but who hold very different points of view from me.

It's the way he operates that I find unlikeable.

Good article here in Foreign Affairs, paywall busted link included below...

'What Mobilisation Means for Russia'

The conclusion is that Putin has survived this far by maintaining his strange and uneasy relationship with the Russian population - a relationship which, like any other personal one, is now at risk because one party changed the terms without warning.

Also very decent I thought, along the same lines...

Last edited:
Because at some point they have to. All wars end when one or both sides plump for negotiation.
Apologies, I'm late to this. Surely most wars end because one side loses? Then you get negotiations and a peace treaty. The irony is that many people in the west, including I suspect the OP here, assumed it would be Ukraine that lost and that the 'negotiation' would be about ceding the Donbass to follow Crimea. Now it's Russia that is losing, so the boot's on the other foot.

would he dare why would he not
Lukashenko needed significant Russian support to put down protests against his rule a couple of years ago, jumping in on a foreign war and sending your loyalists to the front when Putin's likely too stretched to do so again wouldn't be the smart move.

he a pawn where would he stand if putin removed his support

also he has appear to tell putin its embarrassing for people to feel the country to avoid mobilisation
why would he boss not see it as a recruiting ground under the pretence of his party losing dominance in the country
with his aid

rock and a hard place for gobshite hard men look at Mussolini for context

he a pawn where would he stand if putin removed his support

also he has appear to tell putin its embarrassing for people to feel the country to avoid mobilisation
why would he boss not see it as a recruiting ground under the pretence of his party losing dominance in the country
with his aid

rock and a hard place for gobshite hard men look at Mussolini for context
Yeah he'd be screwed without Putin. I hope he'll stand in the Hague, both of them.

Reactions: Ax^
fleeing to a neighboring country

"According to Silook, the men told villagers they had sailed their boat from the city of Egvekinot in Northeastern Russia, approximately 300 miles by sea. Other villagers said the men told them they were fleeing the Russian military"

fleeing to a neighboring country

"According to Silook, the men told villagers they had sailed their boat from the city of Egvekinot in Northeastern Russia, approximately 300 miles by sea. Other villagers said the men told them they were fleeing the Russian military"

To be fair it would be hard to flee by road; there's only one and it only goes to a ghost town 200km north.

Back
Top Bottom