Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rugby World Cup 2023

SA subs looked psyched up and ready to cause some damage from the off. They had belief even when their team were down. Didn't get that from the England subs.

English subs pretty much cost us the game.

Sinckler constantly under pressure and Vunipola shitting the bed with knock-ons and a penalty.

English subs pretty much cost us the game.

Sinckler constantly under pressure and Vunipola shitting the bed with knock-ons and a penalty.
Sub props couldn't scrum, think Sinckler must be carrying and injury with all the strapping he wears. . Big Billy at fault for the try at least, he was completely off the pace. Should never have gone.

It’s going to be different in 2027:

24 teams, 6 pools of 4 teams and a round of 16. This will likely mean something like the four best third placed teams qualify automatically for the round of 16. Is that a good idea? We will see

It’s going to be different in 2027:

24 teams, 6 pools of 4 teams and a round of 16. This will likely mean something like the four best third placed teams qualify automatically for the round of 16. Is that a good idea? We will see

So even more one sided games.

Or the chance for the Tier one teams to blood the new guys coming through.

My lad is only 12 (as I'm pretty sure we've discussed at length), but he's a 10 for the u13. He plays two years up as full back at u15.

Would he get a chance in the current England set up? I think not. But I'll drive him to where he needs to be and support him until the end.

Because that's what dad's do.

Fucking hell, so they're gonna make it even longer? :D

I quite like what the cricket world cup has done this time. No pools. Everyone just plays each other once. A game a day. Then the top four go for it.

Or the chance for the Tier one teams to blood the new guys coming through.

My lad is only 12 (as I'm pretty sure we've discussed at length), but he's a 10 for the u13. He plays two years up as full back at u15.

Would he get a chance in the current England set up? I think not. But I'll drive him to where he needs to be and support him until the end.

Because that's what dad's do.
is he qualified for any other nations? Wales and Scotland both have scouts who look at non resident players in the age groups, maybe not at u13 level but perhaps u16 /18?

That's longer :mad:
First game was the 8th September, last one is the 28th

And the 2023 schedule of 4 weekends of pool play matches plus a bye weekend, then QF, SF & finals is 8 weekends in total

Versus proposed changes of 3 weekends of pool play, then last 16, QF, SF and finals is 7 weekends in total

England have gone for an interesting selection for tomorrows playoff, which a NZ coach once described as “like having to open mouth kiss your grandmother”. I suppose there isn’t much to do in Dunedin during the winter.

Looks like a farewell for a few players, some off to France, some retiring, and a reward for a few barely used players who have held tackle bags for weeks.

Would be funny if Henry Arundell (not picked since he scored 5 tries against the mighty Chile, apparently because he punched Farrell in training) gets another 3 or more tries and has a share of or the outright record for most tries in a single World Cup, though maybe only for 24 hours as Will Jordan might exceed 8 in the final

Meanwhile in the actual final, South Africa have gone 7-1 on the bench, so I think we can guess their tactics. Faf and Pollard start. No scrum half ok the bench.
All black team yet to be named but I can’t really foresee any changes unless forced by injury

If you’ve bought finals tickets you have probably had the option to buy for this too. If on a package you’re probably in Paris already today so the ticket is a marginal cost

Back
Top Bottom