Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rugby World Cup 2023

SA props came on and strengthened their team, Englands came on and weakened theirs and that was the difference

England put in a massive performance, took all their chances, and could be playing in a World Cup final, and should take Argentina easily next Friday night

Is Genge a liability at prop against the very best? He's fantastic in the loose and a great all-round player, but he seems to be a problem against the best in the world.

Scrum penalties won it. Englands sub props couldn’t cope.

Close but no cigar. Fingers crossed for the Adidas All Blacks I suppose. Disappointment that there’s no NH team in the final in a NH tournament.

Thing that gets me is when teams start taking risks in the last 10-15 minutes and suddenly look much better. First SA, then England at the end there.

tbf i don't get the strategy of SA in this game , they played the game to favor the english style of rugby
and finally in the last 35 remembered to play to their own strengths, depth of players and their own bench

why would you want to get into a kicking game against farrell without a confidant kicker as fly half

:hmm:

Well, English tactics absolutely correct for the conditions and their opponents but without doubt the most negative I've seen at a WC. Literally at no point did they try to set up phases or really do anything at all. Can't fault them for trying but fucking glad they lost.

Back
Top Bottom