Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rugby World Cup 2023

My main takeaway from the weekend is the whereas the All Black haka is all acting and preening and you know they would run away if you pretended to kick them like you would a yappy Jack Russel, on the contrary you feel the Fijians would fucking gore you through the throat if you gave them the slightest excuse.

Still buzzing from Saturday night. Sadly I came down with a heavy cold on the Sunday, which I’m still suffering from. So I didn’t enjoy the Scotland v South Africa game much, and was tucked up in bed during the Wales v Fiji game which I will try and watch properly today as it seems to have been the game of the tournament so far.

I won’t remember being ill though, I will remember the buzzing atmosphere within the stadium albeit a poor game, and some sweetly hit drop goals. A real bucketlist moment.
IMG_8479.jpeg

Next game is tomorrow at 2000, France v Uruguay. Hoping that England’s next game on Sunday is a little more entertaining however.

Still buzzing from Saturday night. Sadly I came down with a heavy cold on the Sunday so didn’t enjoy the Scotland v South Africa game much, and was tucked upin bed during the Wales v Fiji game which I will try and watch properly today as it seems to have been the game of the tournament so far.

I won’t remember being ill though, I will remember the buzzing atmosphere within the stadium albeit a poor game, and some sweetly hit drop goals. A real bucketlist moment.
View attachment 391455

Next game is tomorrow at 2000, France v Uruguay. Hoping that England’s next game on Sunday is a little more entertaining however.
Steve "Steve Borthwick" Borthwick won't deviate from kick 'n clap now, I don't think.

Looks like the weirdness of the national anthems will be sorted out, as far as I could tell they were sung acapella and in the round.

Have to say national anthems are on the whole fairly dull but it was a shame not to experience the Scottish and South African ones done properly live as they’re two of the more iconic ones.

Oh another memory from the weekend. No Mexican wave in the England - Argentina game, there was at least one in the Scotland game. Always think a Mexican wave the sign of a non-gripping game

Looks like the weirdness of the national anthems will be sorted out, as far as I could tell they were sung acapella and in the round.

Have to say national anthems are on the whole fairly dull but it was a shame not to experience the Scottish and South African ones done properly live as they’re two of the more iconic ones.
Yeah. Him and Pollard a massive blow to their chances IMO. Marx is an absolute monster

E2A - sry, was attempting to reply to gawkrodger's post

Why have they spread this across two months? We just had two days with no games.

I went to the cricket world cup in 2007 where they did that and by the end nobody gave a fuck who won we were all so bored.

Idea is to give more rest days between games, presumably for player welfare and fairness. Should theoretically make for better matched and contested games

Not sure if there’s a plan to expand to 24 teams or not and if that would make a difference. They’d need to drop the number of pool games I reckon but I think world rugby are quite keen to retain 4 pool games and then QF / SF / Final a week apart.

One difference between rugby and soccer is playing 2 games a week eg Wednesday and Saturday as in a soccer tournament is simply not sustainable.

Back
Top Bottom