Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nigel Farage

The UK public elects Members of Parliament (MPs) to represent their interests and concerns in the House of Commons.

That's how it's supposed to work.

aye Clayton's being we don't like newcomers or foreign looking people

btw we are sea side town so come down to get a warm welcome as Long as you the right shade of skin tone

Only took the good people of Lichfield 32 years to see through Michael Fabricunt. Not sure why it took them so long to realise he's just a self promoting attention whore. It wasn't like he was subtle about it!
5276150-0-image-a-12_1540203186942.jpg

A pic that unpleasant really should be in a spoiler, with some sort of warning.

Ok, but why not, don't people care? Sometimes you have a problem you cannot sort out, sometimes they or their party do something you disagree with, sometimes you feel they could do something better.
I have lobbies my MP for change, to stop things. I have also tried offering suggestions to change certain things
Isn't that what your MP is for. There is more than one way to promote change and goodness knows I've tried a few.
I don't think it's about not caring, more like not seeing any connection between contacting your MP and solving problems. I don't even know what kind of things people contact MPs about.

The thing is urban75 is probably prime MP contacting demographic in terms of age, class, wealth, education, crankiness etc, but like in most things very unrepresentative of the general population.

I don't think it's about not caring, more like not seeing any connection between contacting your MP and solving problems. I don't even know what kind of things people contact MPs about.

I contacted my MP when my mother was in hospital Dec '22, I was knocking my head against a brick wall trying to get her covid and flu jabs done, the hospital was refusing to do them, because the budget was held by the GPs, yet they wouldn't let a nurse from her GP's come into the hospital to do it. :facepalm:

But, I also complained to the local newspaper, which were quicker at getting on the case and getting it resolved, before the MP had a chance, it made a good story for them - a splash panel on the front page, and over half of page 2.

I contacted my MP when my mother was in hospital Dec '22, I was knocking my head against a brick wall trying to get her covid and flu jabs done, the hospital was refusing to do them, because the budget was held by the GPs, yet they wouldn't let a nurse from her GP's come into the hospital to do it. :facepalm:

But, I also complained to the local newspaper, which were quicker at getting on the case and getting it resolved, before the MP had a chance, it made a good story for them - a splash panel on the front page, and over half of page 2.
I'm really glad you were able to find a way to get it sorted 😊

I've had a couple of occasions when I've supported clients to get their MP involved in a problem, and in both instances they were resolved very quickly. In one case, something I'd been trying to get the council to do for 4 weeks was done within 48 hours after they got a call from the MP or one of his team. And the MP rang me himself to get the full story, which rather surprised me.

Whilst this example is not racism but rather xenophobia, we see the same with anti-monarchists who insist that the Royal Family are German.

For the record, I am also an anti-Monarchist but I do wonder for how many generations one's family needs to have lived and been born in the UK, for xenophobic tossbags to accept that one's nationality is actually a choice - not a result of biological or ancestral determinism.

cannie see the democrats getting rid of a black African women .. is a pretty racist dog whistle no:hmm:

But did you have to have you picture taken while looking miserable and pointing at something?

cannie see the democrats getting rid of a black African women .. is a pretty racist dog whistle no:hmm:
She's not African, is my point.

She is American. Her parental ethnicity originates in Asia and in the Caribbean - but that does not make her any more "African" than Farage is himself.

Farage is so ignorant and lazy that he does not even consider someone to have nationality based upon where they were born and raised and where they have lived for almost their entire life. All that matters to him is the desire to pin labels on someone, regardless of whether they are appropriate or even accurate.

He is reductionist and a total moron... and he can't even be arsed to acknowledge the reality of her birthright and instead resorts to cheap jibes.

EDIT: Just for clarity - she identifies as both Asian and as Black American. Whilst a Black American ethnicity includes - but is not limited to - anyone whose ethnicity originated in one of the black African racial groups, that in itself does not make her African.

Farage deliberately omitted to clarify that she is primarily American and instead falsely categorises her a "black African woman", unsubtly suggesting that she is not really an American woman.

Kamala Harris can self-identify as anything she likes and Farage is a piece of filth.

Last edited:
On holiday in Clacton and been talking to my sister who lives here so thought you might appreciate some first hand information about what's going on in his constituency.
Apparently a load of people seemed to get some sort of story that the Labour guy pulled out of the election so thought it was a fight between Farage and the Tory guy. A friend of my sister voted Tory on that basis because he didn't like Farage and thought the Tory, former actor, was good in "Bread." 🫣
On the holiday park, they are selling souvenir local newspapers of Farage celebrating his victory. At least glad to see that no one here is buying them. Off site there are still several" vote Reform" posters and pictures of Farage in peoples windows. It really is a cult thing when they are up long after an election. My political posters come down the day after, however well my candidate did. It's pretty depressing.
The thing we all expected though - the locals are angry about Farage pissing off to America to be with Trump. Bunch of mugs!

On holiday in Clacton and been talking to my sister who lives here so thought you might appreciate some first hand information about what's going on in his constituency.
Apparently a load of people seemed to get some sort of story that the Labour guy pulled out of the election so thought it was a fight between Farage and the Tory guy. A friend of my sister voted Tory on that basis because he didn't like Farage and thought the Tory, former actor, was good in "Bread." 🫣
On the holiday park, they are selling souvenir local newspapers of Farage celebrating his victory. At least glad to see that no one here is buying them. Off site there are still several" vote Reform" posters and pictures of Farage in peoples windows. It really is a cult thing when they are up long after an election. My political posters come down the day after, however well my candidate did. It's pretty depressing.
The thing we all expected though - the locals are angry about Farage pissing off to America to be with Trump. Bunch of mugs!
It would appear that he never actually met him:

That's interesting.

I think what actually happened was that the Labour Party instructed their candidate and the local party members not to campaign in the constituency (as they did in many others) and instead to focus in places where they thought they had more chance of winning..

It's easy to see how that gets misunderstood as the candidate being withdrawn altogether though.

Back
Top Bottom