Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nigel Farage

from that article
“I fear for the future of Reform unless it is democratised,” he said, in reference to the unusual structure of the party, which is registered as a company that is ultimately controlled by Farage rather than members.

“I also fear for the future of a movement like that when it is led by a man who cannot keep his promises. Where does that leave his constituents, or supporters who have invested their faith in Reform to deliver the kind of change that is needed.”

who could have seen that coming? :(

what is more worrying ias that this Tony Mack character self identifies as a psychotherapist ( an unenclosed title) and a charity worker ... Should Reform Uk ltd functionaries have access to vulnerable people ?
They have to have access to them. It's how they get their funding.

Returning again to this; I regularly get emails from the likes of CAAT, Amnesty, HRW and the like which tell me to press a button to send a standard letter to my MP. Does this count?
Yes. Most people don't get those. Or if they do, they don't click send.

I didn't say you were most people, I said the opposite. I also didn't say it was not a good use of time to engage with MPs, sometimes it can be very useful. I probably spend more time with MPs and have more time for them than most people on this thread, albeit in another country and I both think it's useful to contact them and not many people do and often it's the same people again and again who contact them.

Also those bulk emails are often a waste of time better to get a small group of constituents together to meet and talk the MP through the issue from their perspective.

Sometimes they work though and there is not an exact science.

Last edited:
That interview is 20 minutes long, I would rather poke my eyes in with a blank stick than listen to that, TBH.

However, The Poke has an interesting piece on it.

Nigel Farage’s excuse for spreading misinformation was that he heard it from that bastion of reliability – Andrew Tate​

TS: You said, and I’m quoting here, “Some reports suggest that he” (the man charged) was known to the security services. Which reports?

NF: There were some stories online from some very prominent folks with big followings – Andrew Tate, etc, suggesting the man had crossed the English Channel in a boat in October 2023.
TS: But you amplified that, because you said “Some reports suggest …”.
NF: I asked a very simple question – was this person known or not.
TS: Those reports were from a fake news website, amplified by Russian State TV, and – as you mentioned – Andrew Tate. Which ones were you looking at?
NF: There were thousands of fake reports …
TS: And you cited them …
NF: All of which puts the emphasis on the questions being answered, which they weren’t.
TS: So, did you accidentally fall for that misinformation …
NF: No, I didn’t believe any of it.
TS: Or did you know it was wrong from the get-go?

NF: I hadn’t got a clue.

tl;dr: Nigel Farage spread information which he apparently didn’t believe, after hearing it from Andrew Tate and others.

There’s no part of that which seems like a responsible thing for anyone to do – let alone a sitting MP.

The reactions were very much as you’d expect.

There's some amusing replies on twitter on that page.

Oh, The Poke has another interesting piece on it.

Nigel Farage was asked if he’s worried about the police knocking on his door and he really doesn’t like it up him​

‘My client didn’t say the police lied, your honour, he just said they weren’t telling the truth.’

He's not at all happy! :D

And again, amusing replies on twitter -

Why the fuck is Farage now in Hong Kong? Clacton cultural exchange or something?

According to this:

UK riots: MP Nigel Farage travelled to Hong Kong as unrest spread - Hong Kong Free Press

“This was an important family visit, taken whilst UK Parliament is in recess, he is now back in the UK,” a spokesperson for Farage confirmed to HKFP via Whatsapp on Tuesday. (...)
According to his LinkedIn page, Farage’s son is based in Hong Kong as a director at consultancy Ernst & Young.(...)
Despite apparently being in Hong Kong, Farage called for parliament to be recalled.

they've fallen out :(

After Farage said he wasn't aware that what was shared online by the likes of Tate was false, Tate has hit back with a five-minute video posted on X / Twitter.

"I'm gravely concerned by Nigel Farage throwing me under the bus when he speaks to the legacy media," he said.

"It shows Nigel will bend to pressure and if he is afraid to stand up to a propagandist, how can he truly stand up for the people of the country, like he's saying he will, if he will bend to the wills of a propagandist because he's afraid of negative media?

"He threw me under the bus saying the riots are my fault because I put out a video.

"Calling me names is not going to put you on their 'good list' - so what are you doing? Why are you trying to appease the alligator and the crocodile?"

News Thump's take on the 'Farage Riots.' :D

Nigel Farage has demanded people stop referring to nationwide anti-immigrant far-right disturbances as the Farage Riots, insisting it is an unfair characterisation based on nothing more than him loudly encouraging the sentiment behind them all.

Just days after helping spread anti-immigrant misinformation that sparked the first riot in Southport, Farage has insisted people stop blaming him for people acting violently after listening to his words and agreeing wholeheartedly with them.

Farage told reporters, “Just because I’ve spent twenty years demonising immigrants, just because I’ve filmed small boats and suggested the people arriving in them are criminals, just because I’ve suggested the nation is being invaded, doesn’t mean I am in any way responsible for people violently reacting to small boats full of criminals invading us.

“I’m just asking questions. And when those questions – such as ‘Why are we letting the country be invaded by criminal immigrants?’ – result in violence, that is not my fault. At all.

“It is irresponsible to refer to these events as the Farage Riots because words can have a real-world impact, and you saying that about me might lead people to think that I am a danger to the public and to take matters into their own hands, for which you would rightly be held responsible.

Back
Top Bottom