Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Farage is right about NATO. Sorry

Talking of which just saw this old article from the Times posted:
View attachment 430304

"Jeremy Corbyn was accused by his own MPs of politicising the poisoning of Sergei Skripal after he used his response to Theresa May’s Commons statement to criticise the Conservative Party’s Russian donors.
The Labour leader faced shouts of “shame” and “disgrace” when he mentioned Tory donations. “We’re all familiar with the way huge fortunes, often acquired in the most dubious circumstances in Russia, sometimes connected with criminal elements, have ended up sheltering in London and trying to buy political influence in British party politics,” he said.

“Meddling in elections, as the prime minister put it, and there has been over £800,000 worth of donations to the Conservative Party from Russian oligarchs and their associates.”"

....followed by lots of denouncements from Labour MPs
Fair play to Peter Oborne this is really good as to corbyns record against Putin in parliament

Of course night is day and black is white in the media

It's revanchism/irredentism on the part of the Putinist state. Yes, NATO is also shit but justifying the invasion of Ukraine with "but NATO..." is indeed bollocks. It's the equivalent of the abuser saying to the abused "look what you made me do."
Yes that simplification is bollocks, but to understand the relationship between the West and the East NATO is a factor.

NATO a bit of a red herring in terms of Western militarism, if it's not NATO it's another name. Iraq and Afghanistan illegal wars weren't NATO, Libya was....I don't really care about the difference, it's fundamentally the same thing

Harsh but fair

See he hasn't got proper close protection yet, or maybe he has and isn't listening to them. Just a couple of roided up blokes who did a three day "CP Combat Course" from some bloke off the internet who himself did three months in the TA in the 90s and now works part time as a parking enforcement officer* in Essex...

(* Sorry likesfish , not all wardens...)

The beardy next to him appears to be that motorbike cod-druid "king arthur pendragon" who does the solstice shtick .. sadly unsurprised to see him supporting Refuck :facepalm:

I think he's got a different rosette on - black and white, rather than pale blue. Some local indy/loon?

How far is Salisbury from Glastonbury?

The beardy next to him appears to be that motorbike cod-druid "king arthur pendragon" who does the solstice shtick .. sadly unsurprised to see him supporting Refuck :facepalm:

I think he's got a different rosette on - black and white, rather than pale blue. Some local indy/loon?

King Arthur Pendragon is standing as an independent candidate in Salisbury. (source)

Presume this was some multi-party hustings thing.

It was a hustings. Pendragon is an Independent. Also present (not in shot) were Barney Norris (Green), Julian Malins (Reform), Chris Harwood (Climate Party), John Glen (Conservative), Matt Aldridge (Labour) and Victoria Charleston (Liberal Democrats).

ETA: Apologies Puddy_Tat , I didn't see your earlier reply.

Back
Top Bottom