Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nigel Farage

Why would Sunak and Braverman leap to Farage's defence? The answer may be that they think there's a lot of political milage to be had from it. I hope they've read the room wrong:

E2a this may actually be a useful distraction from things the vermin rather we didn't concern ourselves with.

1689834326409.png

Last edited:

Coutts are an ethical B Corporation
I freelance for a B.Corp, it's a hard won accolade and you can get booted out (example: Brewdog) if you're not up to standard. I would not be surprised at all that having controversial customers like Farage would count against them, especially if he has dubious funding because that's an absolute no.
That and these banks are like private members clubs, some of them, you have to be invited by an existing account holder in order to get an account. So no amount of whining from Farage is gonna make them change their minds, he's been chucked out of his exclusive banking club, boohoo.

Why would Sunak and Braverman leap to Farage's defence? The answer may be that they think there's a lot of political milage to be had from it. I hope they've read the room wrong:

E2a this may actually be a useful distraction from things the vermin rather we didn't concern ourselves with.

View attachment 383889
being "anti-woke" is probably about the last thing she thinks they can muster any support around.

View attachment 383889
She sounds like she's channelling one Vladimir Putin.

View attachment 383889
Does that German woman that was done for facilitating boats in the Med have a bank account. I know the phone credit for migrants have had head aches

Funny how all this outrage was mysteriously absent when various banks unilaterally closed accounts belonging to Palestine Solidarity Campaign groups a few years back eh.
Fair point.

There has to be a system and should be debate about when and how it is weaponized.

Is a wider issue than Farage, though if you want to go that way with regards scope...., I'd go Bill Browder. Bank of Dave was an intresting film.

Last edited:
fuck me so the UK government is now going to step in to fight against legislation that was meant to stop money laundering thru British banks because of Nigel farrage having butthurt the mind fucking boggles

fuck me so the UK government is now going to step in to fight against legislation that was meant to stop money laundering thru British banks because of Nigel farrage having butthurt the mind fucking boggles
And you can bet your shoes that if any legislation does get passed, it won't meaningfully apply to private banks such as Coutts anyway.

?

banks have rule to seal with individual term PEP which could lead to interference int he UK banking industry now all you need to get around it is a Shouty ring wing twat with a media presence whilst doing it

could easily be abused

Back
Top Bottom