Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nigel Farage

If the fancy bank got rid of him for PR reasons then the question is has that worked out unexpectedly well for them or did they do a comically giant fuckup, PRwise. Don’t care particularly but the second option is much funnier.
They didn't get rid for PR reasons but because he doesn't have enough money. They considered keeping him anyway for PR reasons, but decided not to because they thought there was a risk either way.

They predicted he would make a public fuss. Who knows how they view it now, but everyone's talking about Coutts, so they might not see it as a bad outcome. Maybe depends what the balance is between increased new account enquiries and retired military bigwigs moving their money elsewhere in solidarity.

Coutts have given him an apology and repeat of the offer of a NatWest account.

Should satisfy him, I'd have thought, so that's the last we'll hear of it.
Yeah, any London Urbs with a Natwest account will soon find him queuing up in their branch, with the odd wheelbarrow full of Euros Pound coins.

I'm not sure we're on the same page here.

You're aiming your vitriol (maybe rightly) at Farage.

I'm positing that if the banks can close a "famous" persons account down, who probably has more money than all of us, the they can close mine, yours and my mates nans down should they choose too.

This is nothing to do with the government. It's to do with the banks protecting their own interests at the expense of everyone else.
Bitcoin is the answer. Can't remember who is who posts in that thread now, but turns out they were right.

They didn't get rid for PR reasons but because he doesn't have enough money. They considered keeping him anyway for PR reasons, but decided not to because they thought there was a risk either way.

They predicted he would make a public fuss. Who knows how they view it now, but everyone's talking about Coutts, so they might not see it as a bad outcome. Maybe depends what the balance is between increased new account enquiries and retired military bigwigs moving their money elsewhere in solidarity.
I think this covers it quite well:
If this is made up for by queues of super rich farage-haters banging on their door asking to deposit their money who knows, seems not hugely likely.

FB group of 10000. It is a problem and a nightmare if you are on the wrong end of it.....Farage though, wasn't...

Hahahaha. This country is so fucking mad.
Not just here but America too. If someone told me ten years ago that Trump and Bozo would be president and prime minister of there countries i'd have laughed and asked them for a bit of what they were smoking, but here we are. It's sad and a tad worrying that people are willing to vote for dubious, self absorbed personalities to govern there countries.

Last edited:
I am genuinely not understanding this. Somebody please explain. Firstly Coutts and then the BBC feel the need to apologise to the turd that is Farage and now the head of NatWest has stepped down. How on earth did a fucking awful no-mark like Farage even get into a position where he is able to pull this shit? Where is his actual influence and leverage?

Last edited:
Yes, surely Farage made an incorrect claim about being his account being stopped and the bank was simply correcting that.

Back
Top Bottom