Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Murder of Lyra McKee in Londonderry, Apr 18, 2019

The book/project you refer to was paid for and was the brainchild of MI5 (no conspiracy nonsense either). The woman behind it was the then partner of the former President of Republican Sinn Féin who in her own words acted as a "gatekeeper" who got her interviews primarily with people within the Continuity movement. Her pay-off for this book was a job which is now based on commenting on 'dissident' Republican affairs.

The book is mentioned in the article I linked to and the excerpt I posted is from the same article and was written by Anthony McIntyre. I can’t comment on the book or the suggestion you make about the author as I haven’t read it or about it. Interesting though given the access she clearly had to key players

British torture, harassment and controlled movement is very much real in 2019.
well if the wankers think murdering people is going to achieve anything with evidence that 30 years of conflict didn't harassment and control is called for your not prisoners of war your just prisoners. The sad thing is if you put the balaclava away until its really nippy :rolleyes:sold the army surplus on eBay and tried doing politics you might get someway. FFS the main opposition is the DUP. A glorious last stand in a cubicle in WH Smith maybe all the new IRA is capable of:D. See those people protesting and defacing your "precious billboard" there your community and they have had enough of your shit.

thats the bloke he was charging about slovenia in a mad max style jeep thing that was mistaken for a military vehicle

Good chance. And bloody unlucky to be one of the relatively handful of casualties in Slovenia.

(Except wiki describes him as Austrian - German and your newspaper as West German)
Some sources I've seen him described as American, so I'm quite happy with Austrian-German.

So if the Tories side with the DUP, they are essentially taking sides in a delicately balanced situation that relies on an understanding of recognising each others legitimacy. For expediency.

_106768291_graffiti2.jpg

New graffiti has appeared in Creggan with a clear message to the quislings and touts.

Defending the community by fear and intimidation.

I think you'll find the community in Creggan is firmly against the RUC who's tricks of the trade are fear and intimidation. Despite all the furore whipped up by the trendy media and sycophantic politicos over this accidental killing they have failed in their campaign to destroy and penetrate the IRA or Saoradh (who have been under the firing line for weeks now).

I think you'll find the community in Creggan is firmly against the RUC who's tricks of the trade are fear and intimidation. Despite all the furore whipped up by the trendy media and sycophantic politicos over this accidental killing they have failed in their campaign to destroy and penetrate the IRA or Saoradh (who have been under the firing line for weeks now).

Are they firmly against the murder of journalists though?

Afaics McKee was of the community the new ira and saoradh are trying to represent. She wasn't a hack from the mail or sun or times. When people like Anthony McIntyre and Eamonn McCann weigh in as they have perhaps it's time for those groups to at least consider internally how they move forward, and tbh it's not a really good look to not add tragic, sad, regretable to 'accidental death'. Every incident like this strengthens the hands of sinn féin and weakens all the forces of republicanism who see sinn féin as enforcing british rule in the north. I hope that in any future operations the new ira are rather more cautious about their methods.

Back
Top Bottom