Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Leeds uprising 18/7/24

Far right are blaming it on "Muslims" of course.

"Responding to footage of the unrest, Mr Farage, the Reform UK leader, said: “The politics of the subcontinent are currently playing out on the streets of Leeds. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

Farage under fire for dubbing Leeds riot ‘politics of the subcontinent’

87515221-13648949-image-m-70_1721342425940.jpg

86997159-13605967-image-m-34_1720223149930.jpg

"We’ve learnt from our elders, we’ve learnt how to love our area,” he says. “We’re Romanian, Gypsy, Pakistani, Asian – this is what it means to be from Harehills. People can sh!t on us all they want, but when we stand together, we stand together, because we love our area, and we’re not going to have people from outside agitating and causing anger ..."

‘We’re All Getting Attacked’: How Disorder Broke Out In an East Leeds Neighbourhood

From what I can gather from various social media, a 7 month old baby was thrown out of a window, sustained a serious head injury and was taken to hospital. Then social services took 5 other kids from that family into care. A right old shit show and no mistake.

Social media sources of repute, no doubt.

Maybe, but do you have any evidence that this kind of prejudice is the key factor here? I only ask because calling child protection workers racists or nonces or kidnappers or whatever can make an already difficult job completely unbearable, to the point where nobody ends up wanting to do it at all. This would have grave consequences.

You don't get all your kids taken off you for nothing. You should hear about some of the families who don't have their kids taken away, despite a landslide of evidence that they shouldn't be left in charge of a stuffed guinea pig never mind vulnerable humans.
Sometimes people do.

Get grip on reality and try not falling for the Bigotry nurtured here as long as its against the appropriate foe, some parents are right little shits, perhaps you are one and defending such behaviour or more likely just can't think for yourself
Fuck off you say?, there's one sure way to make that happen and I'm sure that sad git houby is having another go at that right now

Quote me anything I’ve said that is either of those things

You need to read yer nonsense already.

Great replacement theory and pure fash crapola.

Fuck off the two of ye.

Fuck off the two of ye.

Quotes please. And an explanation of how anything I’ve said is anything like you describe. Surely you’re capable of more than unthinking, monosyllabic rage.

Quotes please
Sure

It would be a shame if Japanese culture were to be absorbed into the homogeneous blob of global corporatism. It seems perfectly reasonable for them to limit immigration as they see fit.

It's not fair to replace them

It's still hanging on for now, but in 50 years time there will be no traditional British culture. Maybe you're right though. Who cares about sentimental things like history, culture, and identity? Fuck the British. Fuck the Japanese. Right?

"What even is British culture anyway?". See I knew it would end here.

But this thread isn't about Britain. It's about Japan, and your seeming desire to see the Japanese people die out.

The Japanese are dying out. Objectively

Just a few. But nothing to do with this thread, rather a pointer to your fash nonsense.

Fuck off the two of ye.
Its always the same few arsecakes that turn a thread sour with personal attacks and you are top of that league.
If you think verbal shit from a tired old terrorist sympathiser is gonna scare anyone away I think you must have a very over inflated idea of how seriously you are taken, just keep making the reports to the boss man, maybe it'll work eventualy

None of which are ‘great replacement’ theory. Not even remotely like it. Try again
What brought you back to urban, and do you live in Japan?

Cos you seem to know fuck all about the place ... and Romany and Traveler culture....

You haven't lived in either Japan or the UK, have you?

Reactions: tim
Its always the same few arsecakes that turn a thread sour with personal attacks and you are top of that league.
If you think verbal shit from a tired old terrorist sympathiser is gonna scare anyone away I think you must have a very over inflated idea of how seriously you are taken, just keep making the reports to the boss man, maybe it'll work eventualy

Fuck off you sectarian, homophobic, ageist, misogynist, anti-woke, antisemitic fool.

The people who turn things sour are the racist cocks like you barlimo and this new fuckwit. Mostly we just ignore you. If you want someone to blame though, look in the mirror

Nah, you have nothing to say
I live in this city and have worked in that community and am very interested in what has been happening, so could do without people making unhelpful comments that have nothing to do with the situation.
Keeping your mouth shut and reading is often a better option than constantly running your mouth on stuff you know nowt about

It happened to me. My daughter was, effectively, stolen from me by the State, and my father and wicked stepmother who wanted my daughter to be the child they couldn't have together. (They couldn't have any more children, together, despite each having three children from their respective first marriages.)

It's not something I talk about often, because of the huge taboo and stigma, but it did happen to me, it does happen.

However, I don't want to detail this thread by going off on an unrelated tangent.

It happened to me. My daughter was, effectively, stolen from me by the State, and my father and wicked stepmother who wanted my daughter to be the child they couldn't have together. (They couldn't have any more children, together, despite each having three children from their respective first marriages.)

It's not something I talk about often, because of the huge taboo and stigma, but it did happen to me, it does happen.

However, I don't want to detail this thread by going off on an unrelated tangent.

That sounds terrible :(

Maybe I should rephrase what I said. In over 20 years of working in a job where safeguarding is paramount, I've never heard of it happening. The opposite in fact. Kids get left in situations they should be removed from. However, no system is perfect.

Social media sources of repute, no doubt.
Well, in the absence of any official information , I went to the NextDoor (pit of vipers it can be..) since, as I live a mile or so from the scene of the action, I thought some comment at ground level might be useful. Pleasantly surprised as comment was constrained, in the main, and not full of conspiracy theories.

I'm sorry that happened to you Ann.

That sounds terrible :(

Maybe I should rephrase what I said. In over 20 years of working in a job where safeguarding is paramount, I've never heard of it happening. The opposite in fact. Kids get left in situations they should be removed from. However, no system is perfect.
Not recent but the Satanic abuse moral panics of the 90s saw kids taken from families for no good reason, Rochdale was a particularly infamous example involving as many as 20 kids as I recall. Families torn apart on the basis of a hysterical witch hunt . Some of those kids never saw their parents for ten years after they were removed. The 'Satanic abuse' scandal that still casts a shadow, thirty years on

Back
Top Bottom