Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Murder of Lyra McKee in Londonderry, Apr 18, 2019

The old sweats often accused tv crews of paying rioters but you could guarantee a TV crew appearance guaranteed everything would kick off.
idiots expected to slam a few rounds into a side of a landrover look cool as fuck on MTV:mad::facepalm:

It is a very interesting although predictable politically historical spin to turn it all on the same profession as the victim is from is it not?

Not sure old Reggie would of provided the means for the shot nor was he the one scratching around on the ground for the loose shells afterwards. Sounds like damage limitation in full spin from the RA on this one. :facepalm:

I thought by now they'd of learnt to accept and acknowledge their fuck-ups. It kind of diminishes the recent Bloody Sunday stuff if they don't accept responsibility for this. :hmm:

So some idiot wanted to look cool and an innocent paid with their life.

Deliberately pulling that shot off is some Jason Borne shite.
I didn't mean it was a shot aimed at her. Sorry, I was just being a bit grumpy about the wrong place/wrong time phrase, as it's sort of annoyingly trite although true. It sometimes works to dismiss the Terrible Event, although absolutely not in this case, of course. I will Google Jason Borne.

The old sweats often accused tv crews of paying rioters but you could guarantee a TV crew appearance guaranteed everything would kick off.
idiots expected to slam a few rounds into a side of a landrover look cool as fuck on MTV:mad::facepalm:
I do remember a case of a German (I think) photographer being caught with a petrol bomb that he was trying to get someone to model for him.

For years after the civil war, Sierra Leone would regularly get snappers who wanted to get snaps of a child soldier with an AK, despite the fact that that was no longer a thing.

A large section of dissenting republican thought, the range of which was so skilfully identified by Marisa McGlinchey as being outside the Sinn Fein loop in her informative book Unfinished Business, has come out strongly against Lyra McKee's killing and any continuation of armed actions. Much of this is the result of a pervasive suspicion about the leadership of the New IRA in Derry, not necessarily a rejection of the physical force tradition per se.

For that reason, we see the disquiet towards the death of Lyra McKee qualified by haring off in pursuit of the elixir that will unite Ireland, managing to ignore what it says on the tin – Kool-Aid. The focus here is not on ending armed violence but on avoiding civilian casualties. That singularly fails to see what almost everyone else can – there rarely is any other form of casualty. Since 1998 the vast bulk of republican inflicted fatalities have been on innocent civilians. Incapable of waging anything resembling a guerrilla war against its supposed enemies, the bulk of its victims are nationalist civilians. Falsely posing as defenders of the community they afflict, they constitute a greater threat to the lives of Northern nationalists than armed loyalism. But that is how it seems to be these days as one set of marching men mirror the other. The New IRA kills Lyra McKee and the UVF kills Ian Ogle.

Lyra McKee - Right Killed By Wrong - TPQ

I do remember a case of a German (I think) photographer being caught with a petrol bomb that he was trying to get someone to model for him.

For years after the civil war, Sierra Leone would regularly get snappers who wanted to get snaps of a child soldier with an AK, despite the fact that that was no longer a thing.

there was a very strange freelancer who wandered about the province like an extra from apocalypse now he got killed in Croatia think he was the only "war tourist" style journo Northern ireland being to cold and depressing to really attract real war correspondants.

It is a very interesting although predictable politically historical spin to turn it all on the same profession as the victim is from is it not?

Not sure old Reggie would of provided the means for the shot nor was he the one scratching around on the ground for the loose shells afterwards. Sounds like damage limitation in full spin from the RA on this one. :facepalm:

I thought by now they'd of learnt to accept and acknowledge their fuck-ups. It kind of diminishes the recent Bloody Sunday stuff if they don't accept responsibility for this. :hmm:

When did the IRA accept responsibility for anything? There are still people whom they abducted and murdered whose bodies still have not been found.

Horrible mad and just two days prior I was watching on tv. “Women, War & Peace: Wave Goodbye to the Dinosaurs”. Story about the Northern Ireland Women’s Coalition comprised of Protestant and Catholic women’s groups that joined forces that won two seats at the peace talks. All the shite they put up with—good doc.

Has the new new new IRA’s remorse led to any one in that organisation actually facing any consequences whatsoever for killing someone?

I mean the A stands for Army so presumably unlike say, a cowardly bunch of losers trying to make up for their own inadequacies and running a third rate organised crime group to make their neighbors’ lives even more shit, these brave soldiers will hold every one in the decision making process and activation phase that led to this killing to account.

Or was it just a couple of bitter little losers giving a easily led and not very bright teenager a really shit Eastern European handgun and telling them to pop off some rounds whilst they hid safely at home?

Has the new new new IRA’s remorse led to any one in that organisation actually facing any consequences whatsoever for killing someone?

I mean the A stands for Army so presumably unlike say, a cowardly bunch of losers trying to make up for their own inadequacies and running a third rate organised crime group to make their neighbors’ lives even more shit, these brave soldiers will hold every one in the decision making process and activation phase that led to this killing to account.

Or was it just a couple of bitter little losers giving a easily led and not very bright teenager a really shit Eastern European handgun and telling them to pop off some rounds whilst they hid safely at home?
They have no more genuine remorse than my hole.

A large section of dissenting republican thought, the range of which was so skilfully identified by Marisa McGlinchey as being outside the Sinn Fein loop in her informative book Unfinished Business, has come out strongly against Lyra McKee's killing and any continuation of armed actions. Much of this is the result of a pervasive suspicion about the leadership of the New IRA in Derry, not necessarily a rejection of the physical force tradition per se.

For that reason, we see the disquiet towards the death of Lyra McKee qualified by haring off in pursuit of the elixir that will unite Ireland, managing to ignore what it says on the tin – Kool-Aid. The focus here is not on ending armed violence but on avoiding civilian casualties. That singularly fails to see what almost everyone else can – there rarely is any other form of casualty. Since 1998 the vast bulk of republican inflicted fatalities have been on innocent civilians. Incapable of waging anything resembling a guerrilla war against its supposed enemies, the bulk of its victims are nationalist civilians. Falsely posing as defenders of the community they afflict, they constitute a greater threat to the lives of Northern nationalists than armed loyalism. But that is how it seems to be these days as one set of marching men mirror the other. The New IRA kills Lyra McKee and the UVF kills Ian Ogle.

Lyra McKee - Right Killed By Wrong - TPQ

The book/project you refer to was paid for and was the brainchild of MI5 (no conspiracy nonsense either). The woman behind it was the then partner of the former President of Republican Sinn Féin who in her own words acted as a "gatekeeper" who got her interviews primarily with people within the Continuity movement. Her pay-off for this book was a job which is now based on commenting on 'dissident' Republican affairs.

Back
Top Bottom