Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

ITALY vs England

It must have been a bit demoralising to our players when the coach sat there with this head in his hands for the majority of the match?

I think the way we were set up, we were always going to end up camped in our half, watching the Italians pass it in front of us. We didn't use the ball very well on the counter-attack but I don't think Defoe rather than Carroll would've made the difference.
we'll never know I guess, but to me he's a far classier footballer than carroll, and I think the team would have played it differently with him on the pitch instead of hoofing it to carroll to knock on to nobody / lose the ball.

We were pretty bad last night but we still did better overall than I thought we would. I couldn't even see us getting out of the group let alone actually winning it.

good grief anyone would think this was a bad lost or a really shite performance...better than alot of people expected...hopefully it will get better.:cool:

good grief anyone would think this was a bad lost or a really shite performance...
Not a really shite performance... ;)

It was alright, but showed the gulf between us and the top nations. We've got a lot of work to do before we have a rightful place at the top table again.

tommers said:
I've already twatted 3 on my way in to work.

I think assaults on children is acceptable for the 48 hours following England's exit from the tournament. Don't quote me on that in court though, I think I read it in a John Grisham book.

They had no right to wear the star in European Championship games.
Do the likes of Italy, German and France not wear theirs? Genuine question, haven't looked into it.
And no-one thought that England were the best team in the world in 1966.
I think you'll find "no-one" isn't entirely accurate. The proportion of those that did think it that were, in fact, English, is another matter entirely...

Combination+of+the+official+jerseys+of+Italy,+Spain,+Germany+and+France+for+the+Euro+2012+

So we're not the only ones...

Good

Hodgson seemed tactically adept, given the short space of time he had to work in, be interesting to see what he can bring about when we get into the WC Qualifiers
Hart's really come of age in the tournament, best England goalie I've seen for years
Some of the quick break football was superb, if any other team in the world had surged up the pitch like that all the armchair critics on here would have been wanking themselves silly
Terry, Gerrard (and presumably Fat Frank) can all fuck off and pretend they did anything other than hold the team back these last few years (and yes, Terry did have a decent game, but he's the reason we're playing last ditch defending anyway)
On that note, the last line of defense stuff was admirable, if not preferable, some excellent blocks and tackles going in
Oxlade-Chamberlain's brief cameo was promising, as were some of Walcott's, if we can exploit that pace and start defending higher up the pitch we'll murder some teams

Bad

Inability to keep the ball, players were running into dead end channels and not looking up for the simple passes that would have retained possession, it was frustrating to watch
Rooney again failed to turn up, one poacher's goal (and several half chances that he wasn't fast enough for) isn't good enough in games where he should be running things
I have no idea what James Milner is supposed to provide, all I saw were shit crosses and constant surrendering of possession
Speaking of which, Ashley Young didn't have a good tournament either, but I'm prepared to give him another chance
Penalties :facepalm:

Hmmm

I think Carroll did better than expected, you could see he scared the shit out of the Italians when he was winning every ball and, but for a sharper Rooney, I think he'd have been key in us stealing it at the death
On the other hand I still think Crouch does all of that better and he's more skillful, but I doubt he'll get another game anyway.

Oh yeah, also Bad - The neanderthal cunts watching the football in the same pub as me, spouting every imaginable cliche (mostly wrong) and then being so full of sad, impotent rage that they decided to start smashing up cars on the road home, pathetic.

The Octagon said:
Oh yeah, also Bad - The neanderthal cunts watching the football in the same pub as me, spouting every imaginable cliche (mostly wrong) and then being so full of sad, impotent rage that they decided to start smashing up cars on the road home, pathetic.

I can a imagine a chap called Ashley getting out of a Fiat :(

I think Carroll did better than expected, you could see he scared the shit out of the Italians when he was winning every ball and, but for a sharper Rooney, I think he'd have been key in us stealing it at the death
On the other hand I still think Crouch does all of that better and he's more skillful, but I doubt he'll get another game anyway.

Carroll was fucking hilarious. I could almost hear the whole of Europe giggling as he lumbered around chasing the ball around like a big awkward puppy

p525623278-4.jpg

Are those stars marking World Cup wins? Anyway, I never suggested that England were the only ones to do it.
No, fair point, you didn't. So I take it the other nations shouldn't be wearing the stars either? Personally I don't have a problem with it, they're the pinnacle achievements of the nation, shouldn't matter what tournament they're playing in.

Back
Top Bottom