Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

ITALY vs England

Let's face it, had England opne it would have been a travesty of justice. Italy were all over em
No it wouldn't. Both sides created openings, but neither was good enough on the day to score. Italy were not unlucky not to score - they didn't score because their finishing was awful on the day. They created more chances, but they couldn't finish. tbh it would have served Italy right to have lost - it would have made them pay for their inability to finish.

Let's face it, had England opne it would have been a travesty of justice. Italy were all over em

italy weren't exactly fantastico themselves..

I do question roy's judgement in changing a winning team to accommodate rooney tho. and as an article i read earlier pointed out, why the hell was he travelling to and from the matches in ukraine when he could've been spending the time working on his conditioning..? he looked utterly fucked after 15 minutes last night.

No it wouldn't. Both sides created openings, but neither was good enough on the day to score. Italy were not unlucky not to score - they didn't score because their finishing was awful on the day. They created more chances, but they couldn't finish. tbh it would have served Italy right to have lost - it would have made them pay for their inability to finish.
In the game I saw, Italy were pretty dominant, in possession terms:confused:

I do question roy's judgement in changing a winning team to accommodate rooney tho.
As ever, he was caught behind the press. Drop Rooney and lose, and your career's over before it even started. Play Rooney and lose, while people will question and wonder, they generally still won't call for your head.

Frustrating, but true.

In the game I saw, Italy were pretty dominant, in possession terms:confused:
Doesn't mean they deserved to win. And possession isn't an end in itself. Italy created a fair bit last night, but were let down by their finishing. Spain on Saturday created hardly anything with their possession. You can have most of the possession and still deserve to lose.

It's a bit of a stretch to say they changed a winning team tbh. They won one and drew one without Rooney, and did the same with him in the team (penalties excepted) so it's not like they were on a massive roll of victories beforehand. I don't really see that it's the press either - he's clearly a better player than Andy Carroll surely?

He's a different class player on his day but he looked a pub player last night, huffing and puffing
He couldn't hold onto the ball, but if he'd been playing in Pirlo's place in the Italy team, he'd have had options when he looked up. I thought Rooney was very ineffective last night, but I'm not sure how much that was down to the rest of the team too.

OK then. 96 - 4.
I don't agree. First half hour, I thought both teams were incisive going forward and it could easily have been about 2-2. After that, Italy started to take control, but a combination of good England defending and bad Italian finishing left the game goalless.

I don't agree. First half hour, I thought both teams were incisive going forward and it could easily have been about 2-2. After that, Italy started to take control, but a combination of good England defending and bad Italian finishing left the game goalless.

There's more to football than just scoring or preventing goals. Italy dominated yesterdays game and England were feeble in a way I've seldom seen at major finals.

using my huge and extensive* understanding of football i reckon that Italy outplayed England and deserved the win.

* by huge and extensive I really mean I know fuck all but cant resist putting my 2ps worth in

as usual the choice of penalty takers was a bit of a mystery to me - Rooney - OK, Gerrard OK, Young - should have been ok :facepalm: Cole? WTF - Why didn't Carroll step up, or Walcott?

Ireland's Brave Roy Keane

1158244382261_885.jpg

Back
Top Bottom