Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

THE FINAL! Italy vs Spain

Who's going to win Euro 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which part are you disputing? When else did they play well, apart from the final?

Ireland = played very well indeed

France = decent enough performance- as good if not better than most other teams managed on most of their games

As a matter of fact, the very 'worst' performance of Spain in the tournament was not any worse than many of the games played by all the other nations.

Or to put it another way, you tell me which team was more deserving, equally deserving, or even close to being equally deserving of winning the championship.

I know having to put with all the smug comments from the locals over the last few years must be annoying, and you are certainly within your rights to wish Spain the worst. But to suggest they have not played good, no, fucking great football over the last four years and on this tournament is not only completely wrong but a bit silly thing to suggest. IMO. I fear your frustration/ hatred of Spain and Spanish football is clouding your judgment about its merits.

Ireland = played very well indeed

France = decent enough performance- as good if not better than most other teams managed on most of their games

As a matter of fact, the very 'worst' performance of Spain in the tournament was not any worse than many of the games played by all the other nations.

Or to put it another way, you tell me which team was more deserving, equally deserving, or even close to being equally deserving of winning the championship.

Meh, deserve? It's a knockout tournament, you only have to play badly once to get knocked out. I mean, I could say that Germany only played badly for about one half in the tournament, and they happened to play a team that took their chances that day.

I know having to put with all the smug comments from the locals over the last few years must be annoying, and you are certainly within your rights to wish Spain the worst. But to suggest they have not played good, no, fucking great football over the last four years and on this tournament is not only completely wrong but a bit silly thing to suggest. IMO. I fear your frustration/ hatred of Spain and Spanish football is clouding your judgment about its merits.

I see the merits. It's really effective. It completely stops the other team from playing. It doesn't make for much of a spectacle though, does it?

i do hope brazil play spain at some point in the next WC... i think germany wouldve stood a could chance of unpicking spain too

Back
Top Bottom