• Portugal normal play

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Spain normal play

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Portugal on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain on penalties

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Neither, Both teams will go out and get drunk instead.

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
images

"It's better to not be able to count and to fade away"

Portugal hassled really well but on balance Spain was slightly better overall. Played some lovely football at end of the second half and the ET. There were two similar instances where Spain were defending on their own box and stole the ball back, and the way they passed the ball around and built up an attack was a joy to watch.

Portugal hassled really well but on balance Spain was slightly better overall. Played some lovely football at end of the second half and the ET. There were two similar instances where Spain were defending on their own box and stole the ball back, and the way they passed the ball around and built up an attack was a joy to watch.
I loved the way they passed their way out of trouble in their own box,very impressive,did'nt revert to just wellying it as hard as they could out of the area.

Yup if they do less than that in the first half of the final they will have to come from behind and I think they might get found out then. If it was Germany they'd have been one maybe even two up by half time. If Italy pull a fluke tomorrow night Spain will run them off the park.

I loved the way they passed their way out of trouble in their own box,very impressive,did'nt revert to just wellying it as hard as they could out of the area.
It is annoying for me because it shows glimpses of what we're capable of and what we should be aiming to achieve. Well done to Portugal for cancelling us out for the first hour, but Del Bosque needs to think his team selection carefully for the final because Germany would have done us damage tonight.

Wasn't it. There was times when I was like "WTF are you doing spreading the ball across your own box?" but they ooze confidence when they're rolling the ball round like that. It's lovely to watch. Where it was in the first half???? I think must come down to the introduction of Andy Carroll's Spanish cousin. He was shite.
I think T:facepalm:rres will get his final now and he'll be out of the blocks for it after being kept out of the semi ;)

Wasn't it. There was times when I was like "WTF are you doing spreading the ball across your own box?" but they ooze confidence when they're rolling the ball round like that. It's lovely to watch. Where it was in the first half???? I think must come down to the introduction of Andy Carroll's Spanish cousin. He was shite.
I think T:facepalm:rres will get his final now and he'll be out of the blocks for it after being kept out of the semi ;)
I don't think Germany are going to let them get away with that casual passing about the ball in their own box,I'm sure panic and row Z will be the order of the day.

Wasn't it. There was times when I was like "WTF are you doing spreading the ball across your own box?" but they ooze confidence when they're rolling the ball round like that. It's lovely to watch.
Esp in the last few minutes as well,other teams would be booting the ball up the pitch as hard as they could.

I don't think Germany are going to let them get away with that casual passing about the ball in their own box,I'm sure panic and row Z will be the order of the day.
I'm not sure bro. I just think when they play well they just know where everyone is. What they lack in banging it in the net spectacular entertaining goal festery they make up for in awareness of both team-mates and oppositions position on the field of play. If they get the team right I think they could give the Germans a good game. I think tonight was just as much planning for that as much as beating Portugal ;)

That's assuming the krauts get past Italia ;)

I'm not sure bro. I just think when they play well they just know where everyone is. What they lack in banging it in the net spectacular entertaining goal festery they make up for in awareness of both team-mates and oppositions position on the field of play. If they get the team right I think they could give the Germans a good game. I think tonight was just as much planning for that as much as beating Portugal ;)

That's assuming the krauts get past Italia ;)
I'm not sure either but I can see the tippy tappy thing in the last third resulting in some fierce tackles with the possibility of someone getting sent off.

Back
Top Bottom