Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England vs Sweden

Who's going to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pluses: Great team spirit. They're really together. Walcott. :cool: Keep him as a super-sub, I reckon. Welbeck and Carroll's finishing. Gerrard had some very good moments. Johnson was great at the back, Terry made a couple of telling interceptions. Hart played well, and you just don't expect howlers from him.

Minuses: Collective defensive failure for both goals. Young was awful - everything he tried went wrong. Terry's lack of pace. Cole had a mixed game. Lack of composure on the ball most of the time from most players. I hate to say it as I am willing him to do well, but is Parker a little out of his depth?

A good dilemma - who do you drop to get Rooney in? Carrol? I wouldn't want Welbeck being dropped now.

England seem to go to pieces as soon as they conceed a goal - I think its a confidence thing. As soon as they're behind (or the opposition equalise) they are having visions of scathing tabloid headlines and luncatics on radio phone ins calling for them to be hung drawn and quarterted. Its a confidence thing - cos they've been so mediocre for so long.
Luckily in this tournament Englands weaknesses have been exposed in time for something to be done about them - as we won the game and should qualify for the next round. At the same time they showed some brief flashes of quality. Sweden were shite though.

So next game Rooney comes back, Youngs dropped for Walcott and you could have a far more exciting team. We might even beat the Ukraine (team more relaxed and confident etc).

Thus building the whole country up for - at best - a spirited defeat to Spain.

England seem to go to pieces as soon as they conceed a goal - I think its a confidence thing. As soon as they're behind (or the opposition equalise) they are having visions of scathing tabloid headlines and luncatics on radio phone ins calling for them to be hung drawn and quarterted. Its a confidence thing - cos they've been so mediocre for so long.
Luckily in this tournament Englands weaknesses have been exposed in time for something to be done about them - as we won the game and should qualify for the next round. At the same time they showed some brief flashes of quality. Sweden were shite though.

So next game Rooney comes back, Youngs dropped for Walcott and you could have a far more exciting team. We might even beat the Ukraine (team more relaxed and confident etc).

Thus building the whole country up for - at best - a spirited defeat to Spain.
We'll murder them. Again.

I'm liking Wellbeck - brilliant improvised finsih for the winner - a proper striker. How do him and Rooney combine at united?

this been playing in the pub not far form us several times. How do I know?

for some reason they seem to think thatthe whole of Merseyside needs to know they have a bg PA system in there tonight. As football songs go I actually quite like it but there are only so many times I can hear it in one day.

how is it?

I was berating your lot for not showing more support from the start

:D

arsenal fans of international football :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom