Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England vs Sweden

Who's going to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
See the Chinese nickname for Welbeck is "the Little Tiger" :D

ETA: Oo no, maybe that's Walcott. One of the younger scorers any road.

The commentator said 'why is watching England always so torrid?'

He is an idiot. That was what football is all about. A great game.

I know. What an idiot.
Does he imagine for a minute that any supporters of any national team find it any less torrid watching their own team, I wonder.

I know. What an idiot.
Does he imagine for a minute that any supporters of any national team find it any less torrid watching their own team, I wonder.
I agree with him - it is torrid supporting England - a unique blend of hope & failure -
and we have to listen to Lawrence + Hansen

I agree with him - it is torrid supporting England - a unique blend of hope & failure

Not really unique though, supporting Spain up until they beat the Italians on penalties in 2008 was like that. Supporting Wales is like that as well.

Not really unique though, supporting Spain up until they beat the Italians on penalties in 2008 was like that. Supporting Wales is like that as well.
if you support Wales you (should) have no expectations. If you support Spain you get to win a world cup and the euros. what do i get wo-oh! what do i get?

I agree with him - it is torrid supporting England - a unique blend of hope & failure

It's not unique. Ask someone who supports Ireland or someone who supports Sweden. Or Brazil or Germany or Portugal or someone who supports any buggers at all. Everyone who interested enough to watch their own national team in a tournament knows what it's like to have expectations and hopes for a big fat win, only to have said hopes flattened flatter than a very flat thing.

ON an neutral basis, I have to say that I am happy that Hodgson hasnt fucked it up yet, given the potential shitstorm that that crappy redtops have lined up. Well done Roy.

This was better, IMHO - the comeback was great, plus it made a legion of hacks ditch their pre-prepared "Woy is shit / Arry is out of a job / Rio would have stopped those goals" stories.
At 2-1 down I bet they were sharpening their knives,have to wait until the next game ;)

if you support Wales you (should) have no expectations. If you support Spain you get to win a world cup and the euros. what do i get wo-oh! what do i get?

Thats why I said up to 2008 - before they won the last Euros they managed to achieve nothing of note despite having some of the best players in the world.

Like me when I watch west Ham. Like any supporter of any club. I bet man utd fans moan about them making it difficult for themselves.

It's the equivalent of going 'oooh, football'
It doesn't mean that every game is torrid. That one was. What's your problem with saying so?

Thats why I said up to 2008 - before they won the last Euros they managed to achieve nothing of note despite having some of the best players in the world.
once we win the world cup and euros back to back it'll stop being torrid for a few decades

i will now pass you over to butchers who will answer any other questions :D

I bet man utd fans moan about them making it difficult for themselves.

Not true. 5% of the time they're shit and you know they're going to lose and the other 95% of the time you just sit there thinking "they'll score the winning goal in a minute". There's not much torridity. It's different to watching England when you have no idea what the result will be

It doesn't mean that every game is torrid. That one was. What's your problem with saying so?

:D

My problem with saying so is that it wasn't torrid. I enjoyed it very much. I thought it was great. Really enjoyable. Not torrid in any way.

And, the commentator said "why is watching England always so torrid?" which, actually, does imply that every game is torrid.

Who rattled your cage?

Not the game I was expecting at all. Must say I thought the centre midfield really stood out as a massive weak link. Between bottling 50-50s and misplacing simple passes, they really were atrocious.

Luckily we scored with pretty much all our shots on goal...

Not true. 5% of the time they're shit and you know they're going to lose and the other 95% of the time you just sit there thinking "they'll score the winning goal in a minute". There's not much torridity. It's different to watching England when you have no idea what the result will be

Hmm... I did think that might be the case but I decided to go with it and hope nobody pulled me up on it. :(

Back
Top Bottom