Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It does seem to be a bit of a lottery. Woman I work with has had the Covid one due to her asthma in the past, they wouldn't give it to her last year but this year the nurse said 'We might as well give you both while you're here'.

I feel like a bit of a fraud getting one for my diabetes tbh - my diabetes is in remission and controlled by diet so I have no symptoms or anything - but it qualifies me as high-risk so gets me the booster.

That's a relief, my flu jab arm appears to have eased up - still not going for a bike ride.
I may retire to my chaise longue ...

Had mine yesterday, but the poll has closed. I had the bivalent 'flu vaccination, and the Comirnaty (erstwhile Pfizer) Covid one.

In the same arm.

It's a bit tender just below the shoulder, and I felt a little fatigued towards the end of the day, but that's about it.

Had mine earlier today, flu in the right arm and CoVID (Modena) in the left. Still no symptoms at all for me. All very quick though I was in and out in a few minutes. Eldest Q who had brought me had literally just finished reversing into a parking space as I came bounding out.

I'm feeling fine now after 2 jabs yesterday morning. Arm's still a bit tender.

Took some paracetamol for the achey flueyness and that was that. Not bad at all.

Moderna and flu delivered to left arm just now by a snooty and rather abrupt doctor who looked like Ian Duncan Smith. He also wanted me to tell him why I qualify for the jab.

Moderna and flu delivered to left arm just now by a snooty and rather abrupt doctor who looked like Ian Duncan Smith. He also wanted me to tell him why I qualify for the jab.
Surely that was for him to know ...

I'm grateful for the 3 years of ill-gotten free vaccines - especially since I got a mild dose of what was almost certainly flu back in the spring - even with very minimal exposure.
That (along with recently being reminded of the horrors of T2 diabetes) prompted me to decide to actually go for the diabetic eye test this year and let them test my blood for diabetes and everything else - hopefully even lower markers will shut them up for a while.

I insisted I didn't qualify and they still insisted...
Last year when it was still being done away from surgeries there was almost no one there ...

Last Friday I had both flu and Covid. Felt okay all night and then Saturday happened and blimey heck. Arms like the tin man, groggy head, woozy feeling, almost like hangover. All okay by Monday.

Last Friday I had both flu and Covid. Felt okay all night and then Saturday happened and blimey heck. Arms like the tin man, groggy head, woozy feeling, almost like hangover. All okay by Monday.
This is how I feel having been jabbed yesterday lunchtime. Had mental dreams (I was in prison?) and having a slow day working from home.

Had the covid jab yesterday at the chemist’s walk-in clinic, busy but quick. This time it was Moderna, the previous three boosters were Pfizer (AstraZeneca for the first two jabs in 2021). My arm is a bit tender this morning but I slept well. Flu jab booked in a couple of weeks.

Yeah I didn't have it quite that bad, but that wasn't dissimilar to me. My Saturday was a pyjamas and do nothing day, too.

Fistbump. 👊

Had both Covie (Moderna) and Flu this morning. I was at the GP for something else and they asked if I wanted to get them.

Any previous ones I’ve had wiped me out, I have nothing planned for the weekend.

Moderna* in the left and flu in the right yesterday, prebooked by invitation, and we went for a trundle around Trent park afterwards. Slightly sore left arm this morning but that has worn off, and otherwise only a couple of notches above baseline level of crapness.

*Spikevax, properly, but it’s one of those Opal Fruits/Twitter/Rumbelows Cup affairs where everyone takes sadistic joy in deadnaming it.

I had flu jab a couple of weeks ago and had no problems.
Had covid (moderna) yesterday and started to feel rough last night. Was asleep by 9.30pm but up at 5am. Arm quite painful, scratchy throat and feel shattered. Paracetamol helps and so I'm having a day watching telly.

I've been out for three moderately energetic bike rides since my upgrades - did well considering I'd coincidentally been off the bike for over a fortnight, but I become aware of a very slight ache if I lie on that particular side - presumably a good sign ...

had the [quadrivalent] flu jab y'day.

now have a vaguely sore shoulder, was a little more sore first thing.
crossing fingers n toes that's all I get.

Covid next week

Back
Top Bottom