Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone know if health care professionals are being offered a booster this Autumn? I’ve not heard of anything.

The kids’ polio booster will probably be the first things that will get arranged in the next month…

I had an invitation today, by text, for my 4fh jab. Booked it for next week.

It came through as part of the same text conversation as my last booster - in 2021 - oryx, and led me to the .gov.uk website to make the appointment. Afaics, mine is genuine. I'm over 50, and not got much else to qualify me.
Thanks a lot Mation - that's really useful.

Might dare click on the link tomorrow!

Does anyone know if health care professionals are being offered a booster this Autumn? I’ve not heard of anything.

The kids’ polio booster will probably be the first things that will get arranged in the next month…
I know my sister has had hers but she works in Wales so not sure about the timescales for England, Scotland or Northern Ireland.

Thanks a lot Mation - that's really useful.

Might dare click on the link tomorrow!
Just noticed :rolleyes: that it's my job that qualified me. I had to confirm that, my date of birth, NHS number and postcode.

My text invitation looked like this:

Screenshot_20220909-025341.png

On following the link in my text, I got this:
markup_3770.png

So yes to frontline healthcare workers :)

Just noticed :rolleyes: that it's my job that qualified me. I had to confirm that, my date of birth, NHS number and postcode.

My text invitation looked like this:

View attachment 341734

On following the link in my text, I got this:
View attachment 341733

So yes to frontline healthcare workers :)
Thanks again Mation. That's really useful.

Mine looks nothing like that and I'm not a healthcare worker! I've tried booking via the NHS website (which I did for my previous three jabs) and it says I can't book it yet.

Really annoying and I want to get it done.

Thanks Mation for the info!

I’m booked in for after work (conveniently at work) Monday week. After my last patient of the day as my second dose made me feel frankly high. :eek: I might even go for my flu jab at the same time if it’s offered.

My tap class that evening might be quite interesting!

I braved it and booked an appointment.

Still puzzled why I was offered it so early, but it's a good thing.

I was going to say 'can't complain', but I can :D - there should be info about this on the healthcare partnership's and GP's website about this, to avoid people getting offered the booster unexpectedly early thinking it's a scam.

Got Pfizer just now - and seperate flu jab Monday.

Accessability seems much improved , with several invitations all this week - including GP - (but booked in 2 seperate pharmacies last week)

Does anyone know if the boosters are going to be more widely available after a few weeks?

The autumn booster campaign does not involve people under 50 without various health conditions (although health professionals, carers & people sharing a house with immunosuppressed people etc are included) if thats what you mean. There is always a chance of authorities changing this at some point but there havent been any hints about that at all that I've seen so far.

Got offered one and a flu one at work, booking system is in place, but no appointments available yet. It will be my 5th. My partner suprised me by asking if it was necessary, because of side effects.

I've not had Covid officialy yet (pretty sure I did before tests and vaccinations). But if I don't have serious side effects I think it's a good thing for others right?

Been offered 'flu already, booking appt for end of next month - reasoning is that it is more effective for Dec / Jan infection cycle and the sprogs get their jab earlier, because they get their flu season earlier than older adults.
Also, since OH is now retired from teaching, and as we're not in regular contact with ankle biters / rugg rats my overall risk of infectious contact is a bit lower.

If I'm offered a covid jag, I'll definitely have it, but I'm currently under the age limit.

Offered flue jab , but no more than that.

Of course , in the days of British Rail - all employees were heartily enjoined to have one - to keep the services running.

Don’t think I’ve had one for over a year, keep getting texts from the GP to book one but the vaccination centres are miles away now so haven’t got round to it. It was easy when they were doing it locally. I’m immunocompromised due to medication so qualify on that basis. Think I had the flu one last year at the GPs, we also get offered that at the school where I work.

Will get the flu jab but I am unable to get the covid jab anymore. After 6 of them it was clear they were triggering my autoimmune disease.
I am immunosuppressed so I just have to wear a mask and I don't go anywhere there are crowds.

NHS England » Flu and COVID-19 Seasonal Vaccination Programme: autumn/winter 2024/25

The main flu and COVID-19 vaccination campaign will commence on Thursday 3 October 2024.
The groups to be offered a COVID-19 vaccine in autumn/winter 2024/25 are:
  • residents in a care home for older adults
  • all adults aged 65 years and over
  • persons aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group, as defined in tables 3 and 4 of the COVID-19 chapter of the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) Green Book on immunisation against infectious disease
National Booking Service (NBS)
The NBS will be opened for participating sites to post COVID-19 and flu appointments from Monday 16 September 2024. It will be open for bookings from the public from Monday 23 September 2024.

• persons aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group, as defined in tables 3 and 4 of the COVID-19 chapter of the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) Green Book on immunisation against infectious disease
Not sure what the criteria is for this. Anyone got an idea? I am in this age group and had one last year

Got called for the 'flu jab yesterday, happened to be passing the surgery, so booked in for it (11 Oct or somewhere like that), and they asked if I wanted the Covid booster too, so I said yes.

The 'COVID-19 chapter of the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) Green Book on immunisation against infectious disease' is here (PDF file)

Table 3: Clinical risk groups for individuals aged 16 years and over is on pages 24-25
Table 4: Clinical risk groups for individuals aged under 16 years is on page 26
Thanks looks like my weight will qualify me still which is both good and bad (though whatever my actual weight the NHS still have me recorded at above the criteria weight)

Back
Top Bottom