Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only got as far as page 4 of this thread before this :( :oops:

So I jumped to page 11 to ask this : is there anyone with Wales-specific knowledge, who knows whether or not those in Wales who are due a booster-jab 6 months after their second one, will automatically? get a letter or text, approaching six-months later? :confused:

Also, I'm yet to know whether a booster-anti-Covid jab will be combined with a flu-jab??? :confused:

So Saturday I was definitely shivery. Sunday just tired. Today felt slightly strange in the morning but now fine. None of it was awful, just like having a bit of a cold.
For some reason, I decided that it would be a good idea to go and help a friend decorate first thing the next morning after my booster jab. I lasted 3 hours and then had to give up. Sweaty, dizzy and a bit nauseous. Spend the afternoon in bed and slept a full 7 hours last night. I'm fine today.

So I jumped to page 11 to ask this : is there anyone with Wales-specific knowledge, who knows whether or not those in Wales who are due a booster-jab 6 months after their second one, will automatically? get a letter or text, approaching six-months later? :confused:

Also, I'm yet to know whether a booster-anti-Covid jab will be combined with a flu-jab??? :confused:
So far I know 1 over 70 who has an appointment via her doctor phoning her.
Don’t go expecting any consistency of method here, I’ll probably have to end up prompting my surgery as they are shite

I got a letter William, though it took 7 months. Down in Llanelli they all got a letter OR a walk-in clinic after 6 months and 1 week.

Thinking back to the very high rate they were jagging arms back when I had my first and considering they are still giving 1st 2nd jags now, then a booster backlog seems inevtable

The beeb has some figures, indicating that Wales has done some 300,000 boosters already.

And I know that in one area to the south of Gwynedd, has one local community arranging their own transport for people 75+ to take them to the hospital hub, about 20 miles away for booster jab appointments.
I haven't had a proper response to my queries in the North of Gwynedd. Just "I'm looking into it" ...

E2A - advice is mixed, but most seems to be to get flu & covid jabs at least a week apart.

Last edited:
Thinking back to the very high rate they were jagging arms back when I had my first and considering they are still giving 1st 2nd jags now, then a booster backlog seems inevtable

Beeb was giving the 7day average for boosters as 219,991 yesterday [on the 25th so data for the 24th October 2021],
Totals were .... [direct C&P]
While the uptake of first and second doses has dropped off there has been a steep rise in people having booster doses. More than 4.5 million of these doses have been administered in England since 16 September.
In Scotland there have been almost 430,000 booster doses. Northern Ireland have given nearly 47,000 booster doses.

Also claims Wales doesn't publish this data

You quoted PHW as having given; 1st - 2,421,700 ; 2nd - 2,238,954 and boosters - 322,591
{these are 24Oct2021's data as I went to check}
from here ...

That's a fair rate of arm-jabbing, by any stretch of the imagination ...

You would have thought that by now "they" would have got the background admin sorted out !

Personally, I think that the rate is better than at the start of the whole programme, back in Dec last year.
In the whole of the UK some 2,677,971 does had been delivered by 10th Jan 2021 (so, very approx, one month ...)

Last edited:
Sorry but Im struggling to get what point your making StoneRoad, it seems to be presented as a counter point to my post but Im fucked if I can see it
When you say I quoted some figures I didnt, I just posted a link ???

Sorry, _Russ_ for the potential confusion. I think I might have missed a couple of words off my post.
What I did was I looked up the figures shown the PHW link and actually quoted them.
Thus showing that there are boosters being administered in Wales.
These figures actually agree with the backlog affect, and the point we are both making about that backlog - although they are jabbing faster this time around, and they are going down the ages groups etc as before.

No 'change vote' option for me only 'cast vote' and nothing happens when I click that. Can't click Pfizer option, not even comedy vote option :(

Eta: let me do it now :) done

Pah was fail in the options, the boxes were clearly too small so didn't register when I clicked the exactly correct place to click :p

anyway, enough of this derail you're just derailing the thread :mad:

Had a text message from “NHS vaccine” this morning, saying “you are at risk of increased complications from covid19” and says I should book a booster vaccine, with a link.

I didn’t get around to asking my GP what puts me in this category yet. Getting hold of the specific GP I usually see is a bit of a palaver.

I’ll follow the link and book it as soon as I can, assume there’s a logic to it and there’s no point delaying the admin of the rollout, I had 1st dose in February and second in April, AZ.
…given how fucking insane everything is I’ll be not saying no to a layer of protection against getting or spreading this.

Last edited:
Had a text message from “NHS vaccine” this morning, saying “you are at risk of increased complications from covid19” and says I should book a booster vaccine, with a link.
Got the exact same text this morning as I’m hitting 6 months since last jab on Monday, so booked in to get booster next Friday.

Get yourself booked in.

I didn’t get around to asking my GP what puts me in this category yet. Getting hold of the specific GP I usually see is a bit of a palaver.

I’ll follow the link and book it as soon as I can, assume there’s a logic to it and there’s no point delaying the admin of the rollout, I had 1st dose in February and second in April, AZ.
…given how fucking insane everything is I’ll be not saying no to a layer of protection against getting or spreading this.
I had the text too, despite having had my booster, and I never did find out why exactly made me high enough priority to get my first jab as early as I did so it was a bit unhelpful.

This thread keeps popping up and asking me the same question.

The answer is still the same, No I haven't yet had it FFS

Back
Top Bottom