Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StoneRoad

heckling from the back!
Not yet ...

Probably mid-October ?

E2A - apologies for mis-spelling Astra-Zeneca, although the one I usually have to check is Pfizer ...

Last edited:
Not yet. I'm only just 50 though so I expect I'll be towards the end of whatever list I'm on for it.

Ethically I don’t think immunity waining justifies non vulnerable people getting boosters at this point, so its a no from me. Let someone in the developing world have it instead.

Ethically I don’t think immunity waining justifies non vulnerable people getting boosters at this point, so its a no from me. Let someone in the developing world have it instead.

Nice gesture, but considering millions of doses have already gone to waste, and potentially another 100 million by the end of the year, it's not going to help.

From what I've read, there are now no limits on vaccine production that would lead to competition for jabs - i.e. anywhere that orders vaccine and pays for it will get it. Someone taking a jab here isn't therefore taking a jab away from someone else. What's stopping a faster rollout to developing countries is simply that not enough is being ordered and paid for, so it's really about governments paying for it and there's no need to guilt-trip jab recipients.

From what I've read, there are now no limits on vaccine production that would lead to competition for jabs - i.e. anywhere that orders vaccine and pays for it will get it. Someone taking a jab here isn't therefore taking a jab away from someone else. What's stopping a faster rollout to developing countries is simply that not enough is being ordered and paid for, so it's really about governments paying for it and there's no need to guilt-trip jab recipients.

Plus the resources to handle the logistics of rolling it out in many countries, which needs sorting before supplies are delivered, otherwise even more will go to waste. :(

That’s not true unfortunately. Global capacity is still building and factories supplying UK boosters could be making batches for other countries.

What are you going to do, get your booster and post it to someone? It's an ethical position, but one that'll have no impact anywhere - except maybe in increasing the likelihood of you getting covid with all the risks to you and others that go along with that. Get the booster.

Due mine in October through healthcare work.

My SiL is highly vulnerable - having had a stroke and working as a radiographer (not normally frontline these days, but on-call) and with most of her household vulnerable on other grounds.

Must find out how they are all doing ...

increasing the likelihood of you getting covid with all the risks to you and others that go along with that. Get the booster.

Due mine in October through healthcare work.

My position is subject to change! For now the FDA position and this kind of article are enough for me to decide not to get a booster:

I only got my second one at the beginning of August so unlikely to be anytime soon for me.

Back
Top Bottom