Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2011

Wanting 2007 conditions?

I think you've gone, momentarily, mental.

You almost jacked it in after that, remember ;)

Exactly! If it made me think twice about going back imagine what effect it has on the Kath Kidston wellie brigade :D

The strange thing about 2007 is that the KK brigade seemed to stay to the bitter end.

In other muddy years they fucked off early. the worst thing about that years was getting offsite - the queues in the carparks, no toilets or water. We were waiting in car for about 4 hours, not because we were stuck, but others in front were.

It were shite :(

and it almost put me off. :)

Cut and paste from efest.

'Last year tickets dribbled through on SeeTickets on the weeks after Ticket Day (apparently).

I assume it was because payments failed etc, but I heard (from these forums) of people getting tickets before the official re-sale.

An idea could be to try this.

Install Firefox as your browser, then install the Check4Change add-on.

Then keep the See Tickets http://www2.seetickets.com/g2011/? page open very day, highlight a word that is likely to change if tickets come available. Then set Check4change to check that word every 15 seconds with audible warning if a change occurs.

Worth a shot.....'

apparently there was a quick resale as early as Wednesday last year.

I'll shut up about it now.....

There were certainly a few unannounced resales very soon after the main ticket day last October. Nobody was really sure however as to whether these were down to payment failures on the deposits or a blip in See Tickets systems that accidentally reactivated the sales page.

Been skimming this (and chatted with paolo yesterday) -- nice one to all those who managed to get tickets :) :cool:

And maximum good luck to all those who need some luck with rereleases later on. Penni's advice on that looks good :)

Been skimming this (and chatted with paolo yesterday) -- nice one to all those who managed to get tickets :) :cool:

And maximum good luck to all those who need some luck with rereleases later on. Penni's advice on that looks good :)

it's not actually MY idea William - I wouldn't even have a ticket if LMFH hadn't helped me. This is the second time I have had the good luck to be helped by lovely Urban people :)

It was just that I was browsing over on efests and all the ones in the know ( and you know how dedicated they are) are certain you can get tickets on one of the sporadic resales if you are tooled up right.

Right now there is a super geek thread where they are planning how top overcome the SEE system and its ports and stuff - defeats me but I'd learn how to do it if it helped me (and others) to get tickets!

Right now there is a super geek thread where they are planning how top overcome the SEE system and its ports and stuff - defeats me but I'd learn how to do it if it helped me (and others) to get tickets!

I tried to read that. I nearly drowned. It was all a bit 'we could try thi/that/the other' - and too technical for me!!! I thought I'd have another look in a few days when they've had a chance to think it through and produce an idiot guide... :D :cool:

I tried to read that. I nearly drowned. It was all a bit 'we could try thi/that/the other' - and too technical for me!!! I thought I'd have another look in a few days when they've had a chance to think it through and produce an idiot guide... :D :cool:

Me too - they've got two years to sort it out properly!

I can read that language, and trust me, they were just hypothesising, apart from one bloke who checked stuff out.

None of it had any actual relevance to getting tickets from now on though, it was all a retrospective on what happened. Join the email and text message chain in that place, and that's pretty much the best you can do, unless you know how to use a Firefox add on.

I can read that language, and trust me, they were just hypothesising, apart from one bloke who checked stuff out.

None of it had any actual relevance to getting tickets from now on though, it was all a retrospective on what happened. Join the email and text message chain in that place, and that's pretty much the best you can do, unless you know how to use a Firefox add on.

I can probably work the addon bit out, but it won't help me, no way will I be allowed to have Firefox on my work pc. I'll have to rely on checking See/here/efest - but Im after tix for the same people as LMHF so fingers crossed between them & us we'll get something.

minor coronary when my card wouldnt process despite funds being there..... :( Thankfully my parents helped me out.
There may be some sneaky resale ones after the 11th oct- that was the deadline in the email for me to put a different card though

That's happened to quite a few people apparently, more than usual it seems.
I double-checked mine with the bank yesterday - I must have asked the woman about 6 times if she was 'absolutely sure' it had gone through... :D

minor coronary when my card wouldnt process despite funds being there..... :( Thankfully my parents helped me out.
There may be some sneaky resale ones after the 11th oct- that was the deadline in the email for me to put a different card though

Babeee :(

that seems shite after you helped so many people!

glad it's sorted now :)

We've decided not to do Glastonbury next year so had a nice lie in last Sunday. Figured we can get what we want from Glastonbury from the smaller festivals we go to - without all the hard work lol

2012 has been planned as a fallow year since we got the olympics. It should have been 2011 but Michael Eavis changed it because he knew that a lot of the resources would be stretched with both events.

It's been common knowledge for ages so not sure why it's suddenly a story now.

2012 has been planned as a fallow year since we got the olympics. It should have been 2011 but Michael Eavis changed it because he knew that a lot of the resources would be stretched with both events.

It's been common knowledge for ages so not sure why it's suddenly a story now.

Cos lazy journalists think "Glasto cancelled due to lack of bogs!" makes for a hilarious article...and not bothering to mention that yes, lack of portaloos is just one problem running a major event the size of Glasto in the same year as the Olympics. But lack of transport, stewarding staff, security staff etc isn't as snappy as Glasto cancelled due to lack of loo's, eh?

Sensationalism not laziness.

The media doesn't deliver News any more and hasn't for a long long time.

Instead its all about Interesting stories based true events. Headlines that will get people to read even if they are misleading.

Just a quick question for those of you "in the know"; does anyone know what time the buses start running from Temple Meads on the Wednesday morning? I'm using a different methodology to get there in 2011 and considering an overnight stopover in Brizzle (digs recommendations welcome also).

I know National Express buses start at 08.30 but I'd like to set off a bit earlier from Temple Meads if possible as that first bus doesn't get to Pilton until 09.45.

Back
Top Bottom