Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2023

BBC 4 now showing Eltons 1977 wembley concert, where he announces he's retiring from touring.
When he announced at Glasto this is my last tour people in the crowd just looked at each other in a’ yh right mate’ way.

Is it bad that I'm so old I prefer watching on TV?

I mean the toilets not very far away and this sofa is well comfy

#spiritofglastonbury

My OH said this, having had to stay home to look after our poorly eldest. He's been less keen for a while, and wonders if he's done his last Glastonbury. He really didn't mind staying home. I shall be a bit sad if he doesn't come for our 30th anniversary next year.

Waiting for Cat Stevens.

Question:

In the sea of flags, why am I not seeing a U75 one?

I know lots of posters go to Glastonbury, so why no U75 flag?

Cos we're too cool for flags :cool:

And who can be arsed lugging a flag around, unless you're gonna plant it at the Pyramid and stay there all day (too cool for that as well :D ).

I'm enjoying re-reading this thread, catching up on the bits I missed.

Still haven't watched anything on i-player. Might, might not.

Just a warning anyone registering (I don't know if that's even a thing til later in the year) I've just had a phishing scam wanting me to update my details.

Home. Tired. About to have a bath. This thread has gone from 4 pages to 19 * nice!

Enjoyed crew camping, but it had its' downs as well as ups.

An observation for 2023.

Usually, Glasto is usually a great place for chatting to randoms.

However, I found this year that people were a bit less engaging and not as willing to chat. Was it just me or did anyone else who was there find that too?

Anyway, in the words of the late,great William, more later.

And LONG overdue here we are:

Trips:
Getting onsite early, rolling out the van and putting my tent up without lugging my gear across site.
Staff showers 100 yards walk away (had 3 whilst I was there).
Bumping into folk onsite pre-festival Monday and Tuesday who I didn't know were working there.
Chilling at the Stone Circle and raising a can at William's memorial stone. I poured some votive beer there too.
The bunch of drunk lads who came to our stall when we on early shift Wednesday - legends! :D
Cider Bus meet and a late-nighter with non-crew friends.
Thursday late shift not being as bad as expected.
Nice wander through the Green Fields and Permaculture post-shift Friday before going to see Royal Blood followed by Sparks up at The Park and rounding off the night with The Damned.
Day off on Saturday so a chance to pack-in Rick Astley, Kanda Bongo Man, Magic Numbers, Joanne Shaw-Taylor, Richard Thompson, Manics and Guns n Roses (oh dear).
Early shift Sunday which meant I was finished work early for the weekend. Managed to wander round SE corner whilst seeking precious shade.
Using crew bars as handy bolt-holes when it all got too much and I needed to duck-out and rest.
A friend's camp facing the Pyramid where I could rest-up and watch bands.
Fave falafel stall beside Joe Bananas/Williams Green still being there - yum!

Bummers:
Nothing in the way of crew catering unless you had meal tickets. I had come down by public transport and couldn't carry much. Had a hungry couple of days and the smell of cooking from the GFEL camp didn't help.
Feeling quite lonely at times as the folk in crew camping weren't particularly sociable. Plus the person I travelled with was more interested in going on the piss than doing a pre-festival site recce for work purposes. Ended up at The Samaritans for a while one night just for someone to talk to.
People being less sociable than usual and fewer conversations with randoms.
Missing Foos, Hives, Hobo Jones due to work commitments, but not bad considering who I DID get to see.
Hedge-pissers (well, two, but still two too many).
Not being able to get kedgeree AGAIN from Goan Fish Curry because they stop serving it ridiculously early - their loss. 3 of us walked away from the stall as a result.
Feeling utterly fried on Sunday and having to go back to base to recharge so I could muster the energy for Bootleg Beatles and Elton John.
Sore feet, blisters and a turned ankle.
Some of the crew bar's hierarchy.

BUT I still want to go back and (yes please) work there again.

And LONG overdue here we are:

Trips:
Getting onsite early, rolling out the van and putting my tent up without lugging my gear across site.
Staff showers 100 yards walk away (had 3 whilst I was there).
Bumping into folk onsite pre-festival Monday and Tuesday who I didn't know were working there.
Chilling at the Stone Circle and raising a can at William's memorial stone. I poured some votive beer there too.
The bunch of drunk lads who came to our stall when we on early shift Wednesday - legends! :D
Cider Bus meet and a late-nighter with non-crew friends.
Thursday late shift not being as bad as expected.
Nice wander through the Green Fields and Permaculture post-shift Friday before going to see Royal Blood followed by Sparks up at The Park and rounding off the night with The Damned.
Day off on Saturday so a chance to pack-in Rick Astley, Kanda Bongo Man, Magic Numbers, Joanne Shaw-Taylor, Richard Thompson, Manics and Guns n Roses (oh dear).
Early shift Sunday which meant I was finished work early for the weekend. Managed to wander round SE corner whilst seeking precious shade.
Using crew bars as handy bolt-holes when it all got too much and I needed to duck-out and rest.
A friend's camp facing the Pyramid where I could rest-up and watch bands.
Fave falafel stall beside Joe Bananas/Williams Green still being there - yum!

Bummers:
Nothing in the way of crew catering unless you had meal tickets. I had come down by public transport and couldn't carry much. Had a hungry couple of days and the smell of cooking from the GFEL camp didn't help.
Feeling quite lonely at times as the folk in crew camping weren't particularly sociable. Plus the person I travelled with was more interested in going on the piss than doing a pre-festival site recce for work purposes. Ended up at The Samaritans for a while one night just for someone to talk to.
People being less sociable than usual and fewer conversations with randoms.
Missing Foos, Hives, Hobo Jones due to work commitments, but not bad considering who I DID get to see.
Not being able to get kedgeree AGAIN from Goan Fish Curry because they stop serving it ridiculously early - their loss. 3 of us walked away from the stall as a result.
Feeling utterly fried on Sunday and having to go back to base to recharge so I could muster the energy for Bootleg Beatles and Elton John.
Sore feet, blisters and a turned ankle.
Some of the crew bar's hierarchy.

BUT I still want to go back and (yes please) work there again.

There was 2 every minute at the stone circle... We booed them each time, no fucks where given .

There was 2 every minute at the stone circle... We booed them each time, no fucks where given .
What time of day was this? I'll pass this information back to the Piss Police.

Back
Top Bottom